- This article relates to the canonical games. See Pikipedia's "Caustic Dweevil" article for more canonical information.
|Warning: content contained in this template is all fanon information.|
|Scientific name||Mandarachnia sulfurnid|
|Caves||Frontier Cavern, Hole of Heroes, Dream Den|
|Challenge Mode levels||Dweevil Nest, Hazard Training|
The Caustic Dweevil is a non-aggressive enemy that attacks in self-defense. As is typical of Dweevils, it picks up any treasure or enemy body it can find, only releasing it when Pikmin attack. The only offensive measure the beast can take is spraying an acidic bodily fluid that functions identically to water, meaning it chokes and drowns all Pikmin types except Blue Pikmin, Bulbmin, and other water-resistant Pikmin, making those the best choice in battle against it.
Caustic Dweevils scurry about randomly and take no note of the presence of any leader or Pikmin if left undisturbed. When provoked, one will attempt to defend itself by releasing a pressurized spurt of water below it. Caustic Dweevils are frail creatures and will die quickly if attacked by even a few Pikmin, or by the punches from a leader.
When a treasure or a corpse of another creature is nearby, a Caustic Dweevil will lift it up onto its head and carry it, making it impossible for Pikmin to collect until it is broken free. When a Dweevil has an item in its possession, it will stay at rest, crouching down, appearing as if it is only the item, until it is approached by a leader or Pikmin, at which point it will stand up and run away.
- "The Caustic Dweevil is one member of an insect family known for mimicking objects by carrying them on their backs. Several points of differentiation with other members of the species have been confirmed, such as body color and behavioral patterns, but none of these suggest major deviations in the creature's genetic structure. This makes it clear that it is a relative of the family. When attacked by enemies, the Caustic Dweevil spits out bodily fluids in response. Space suits corrode and oxidize when they come into contact with this highly acidic liquid."
- "Inedible. Effects of consumption include uncontrollable arm flailing and enthusiastic dishwashing."
These can be found above ground and when carrying the corpse of a Soapy Dweevil the attack power and speed of the dweevil increase.
Pikmin: Ultimate Doom
This article contains information that relates to the non-canon game Pikmin: Ultimate Doom by Wraith.
- Watery Catacombs - Sublevel 2, 3 and 4
It acts the same as in Pikmin 2.
This article and/or image relates to the non-canon game, Pikimon, created by Lazer, assisted by Cheepy-Cheepy and Alpo499.
- Start - Snag
- Start - String Shot
- Start - Bug Bite
- Lv. 10 - Water Gun
- Lv. 15 - Struggle Bug
- Lv. 20 - Aqua Ring
- Lv. 25 - Muddy Water
- Lv. 30 - Water Blast
- Lv. 45 - Hydro Pump
- Lv. 60 - Blue Tsunami
- Lv. 60 -> Titan Dweevil
Pikmin: The Winds of Light
|The Winds of Light
This article and/or image relates to the Non-Canon Game, Pikmin: The Winds of Light, created by EmperorRagingLongLegs.
- "This Dweevil seems to be similar to Blue Pikmin in many ways. They both have a liking for water, and they both have amazing strength. Perhaps, somewhere, there are Dweevilmin! Probably not..."