The Foundation Dweevil is a species of larger dweevil that carries smaller dweevils atop itself and uses their abilities offensively.
In fanon games
Below this point is where users place their version of the Foundation Dweevil.
In Pikmin E: Remastered
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin E: Remastered, a fanon game created by PixelThistle.
|Scientific name||Mandarachnia foundariationus|
|Poko value||× 300|
|Attacks||Crushes Pikmin, stacks other Dweevils on top of itself|
The Foundation Dweevil is a dweevil in Pikmin E: Remastered. It is special, as unlike other dweevils, it does not have the power of a specific element, instead choosing to stack other dweevils on top of itself and using their elements instead, hence its name. Alone, however, it is harmless and will flee the presence of Pikmin and leaders. Unlike most creatures on PNF-404, it has a basic understanding of Pikmin types and their resistances, so, depending on the Pikmin in the squad, it will attack accordingly using its corresponding element. Foundation Dweevils do not include Volatile Dweevils in their stack, but they can be used to bring it down.
- “An interesting dweevil, this species seems to actually have some form of understanding of Pikmin and their weaknesses, as they always stack with different elemental dweevils when I show up, all of the elements posing as a threat to my squad! It even seems to quickly reorganize its tower to pose a disadvantage to me according to what Pikmin I have chosen to throw at it.”
- “Inedible. Causes intense seizures and twitching upon consumption. May have lasting side effects, but it is too soon to determine.”
In Pikmin: Dual Worlds
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Dual Worlds, a fangame created by Cyan piklord 64.
|Scientific name||Mandarachnia castellum|
|Diet||Fungi and roots|
|Poko value||× 300|
|Attacks||Crushes Pikmin, stacks dweevils on top of itself|
The Foundation Dweevil is a dweevil in Pikmin: Dual Worlds that, unlike most others, does not utilize an element. It often picks up nearby elemental dweevils smaller than themselves by using its arms, which, along with its size, suggests a close relation to the Titan Dweevil, and places them on its head to form a stack of them. Foundation Dweevils are an intelligent dweevil species and possess a basic understanding of Pikmin possessing immunities to a range of hazards and having power in numbers. So, the Foundation Dweevil serves as the foundation for the stack of elemental dweevils it builds over itself, hence the name. Foundation Dweevils do not include Volatile Dweevils in their dweevil stack, but they may be used against one to bring the entire stack down. The Foundation Dweevil will attack by having the topmost dweevil in the stack leap down into one of its claws, at which point the dweevil utilizes its attack. Afterward, it returns the dweevil to the bottom of the stack and later calls the new topmost dweevil down to attack. Alone, Foundation Dweevils are harmless and run away from leaders and Pikmin. A fully grown one, known as the Elder Foundation Dweevil, serves as the boss of Scuttling Sanctum. All Foundation Dweevils' exoskeletons extend beyond the actual top of their legs, creating a sort of niche that other dweevils use for footholds.
In Pikmin: Wide World
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Wide World, a fanon game created by Cheepy-Cheepy.
|Attacks||Impales Pikmin, harnesses elemental attacks|
The Foundation Dweevil is a species of greater dweevil appearing in Pikmin: Wide World. It paces about its territory on land or in shallow water, always in the company of lesser dweevils, periodically idling in place to look around, vocalize, or stretch. It has no elemental abilities nor any interest in collecting objects but can use its pincers to pick up nearby lesser dweevils and place up to four of them atop its body in a loose cluster. Foundation Dweevils can have as little as 0 and as many as 4 lesser dweevils riding them by the time they are encountered. The only lesser dweevil a Foundation Dweevil will refuse to pick up is a Bomber Dweevil, due to its inclination towards all types of bomb rocks. Foundation Dweevils generally pay no mind to nearby Pikmin or leaders unless provoked, although any dweevils they may be carrying show visible restlessness while seeing them. As they walk, Foundation Dweevils can inadvertently skewer anything they happen to step on with their sharp-tipped legs. Sometimes, the Foundation Dweevil may suspend itself from the ceiling with a strand of its silk and jump down when Pikmin or leaders come near, much like some of its smaller kin do. Until it reveals itself, it can only be seen by using the HocoPad's camera flash, which will also force it out of hiding.
Foundation Dweevils are medium-sized spider-like insects that have a white exoskeleton, black joints, an ovoid body supported from above by four long, curved, bulky legs that each end at a fine point, a pair of arms each terminating in a pair of pincers, a pair of large, blank, magenta eyes on either side of a symmetrical cluster of smaller, black eyes, and a pair of mandibles that each have three black bristles on the outer sides of their ends. Foundation Dweevils usually cross their arms behind their back, although can cross their arms in front or simply have them dangle.
Despite their passive behavior and their only basic means of defense being to shake off and swat at attacking Pikmin, Foundation Dweevils can be devastating while at least one lesser dweevil is present on top of it. When prompted to by the Foundation Dweevil it is riding, a lesser dweevil will charge up its attack, but produce no hazard; this is because the Foundation Dweevil absorbed it and is about to utilize a more potent form of the attack itself. It displays the same emissions and turns the same color as the dweevil that uses that particular hazard, at the cost of a bit of health depending on the hazard, returning to normal afterward. Inapt Pikmin that touch a Foundation Dweevil as it prepares an attack are subject to the hazard coating it, much like with other elemental dweevils. Fortunately, Foundation Dweevils are equally vulnerable all over their body, although their exoskeleton provides them with much protection. As its health dwindles, any dweevils riding it dismount and flee. Upon defeat, a Foundation Dweevil will stumble about while flailing its arms, shortly before toppling over and going limp.
In ultra-spicy difficulty, the elemental attacks of Foundation Dweevils are even more powerful and have more range, but take slightly longer to execute. Fire attacks spread outwards in waves, also leaving behind a much larger patch of flames; electrical attacks surge through the ground and also produce arcing sparks that bounce against surfaces until they eventually, and abruptly, dissipate; water, acid, and lubricant attacks splash farther, leave large puddles, and produce large droplets that travel in an arc through the air and burst upon colliding with an entity, object, or surface, leaving a smaller puddle; ice attacks temporarily flash freeze anything in range, including the source; poison attacks produce a lingering and expanding noxious cloud that dissipates with time.
- Data file #1 (all difficulties): Alone, a Foundation Dweevil is practically harmless. When accompanied by lesser dweevils, not so much.
- Data file #2 (all difficulties): A Foundation Dweevil can inherit the attacks of dweevils riding it, at the expense of health in most cases.
- Data file #3 (ultra-spicy difficulty only): The Foundation Dweevil's elemental attacks are powerful and far-reaching but take some time to execute.
- “The foundation dweevil cooperates with lesser dweevils and uses them to defend both itself and them. It absorbs whichever element one of the lesser dweevils releases, and intensifies the output by almost three times the normal amount to subdue its attackers. Interestingly, the foundation dweevil seems to have no form of resistance to any of the substances it uses, meaning it attacks to its own detriment.”
- “This dweevil seems to only want to pick up and carry its family members, so I was thinking: we'll dress up in dweevil costumes, and have this thing lug us around! Now, to find a fashion designer stranded here...”
- “This creature seems to care about nothing beyond its smaller, lesser brethren. While no good for its owner, at least other pet dweevils will be taken care of.”
- “Inedible. The meat is often contaminated by various harmful compounds.”
Dolphin Lander's comments
- “Judging by Olimar's previous notes on the dweevil family, I would have assumed that every dweevil was equally as selfish and uncaring for one another. This dweevil taught me, if not all of us, that sometimes, it's better to say that only most of a group is a certain way.”
|Pikmin: Wide World|
|Main (Olimar • Shacho • Marie • Louie • Dolphin Lander) • Side (Alph • Brittany • Charlie • Dorris • Hunnigan • Granny Marma • Libra • Margot • Sagittarius • S.S. Drake • S.S. Dreamstride) • Mentioned (Bulbie • Freight Voyager • SPERO)|
|Main (Yellow Pikmin • Blue Pikmin • Red Pikmin • Rock Pikmin • Green Pikmin • Purple Pikmin • White Pikmin • Winged Pikmin) • Other (Alien Pikmin • Captmin • Mushroom Pikmin) • Parasitic Pikmin (Blue Bulbmin • Breadmin • Burrowing Snagmin • Cannon Beetlemin • Dweevilmin • Groinkmin • Hairy Bulbmin • Orange Bulbmin • Red Bulbmin • Spinermin • Spotty Bulbearmin • Wollymin) • Utilities (Onion • Pellet)|
|Data file (Pikminology, Wildlife Survival, Explorers' Tales) • Fruit (list) • Nugget • Sparklium • Treasure • Upgrades|
Black nectar • Hammer seed • Knuckle seed • Nectar • Ultra-bitter spray • Ultra-hot spray • Ultra-minty spray • Ultra-spicy spray • Ultra-sweet spray • Ultra-toxic spray • Whip seed
|Acid • Adhesive • Blunt force • Bubble • Electricity • Explosion • Fire • Ice • Lubricant • Mud • Panic • Poison • Spore • Water|
|Achievements • Caravan • Dialogue • Hints • HocoPad • Options • Pikpik carrot • Soul • Soundtrack • Squad desertion • Sunset • Temperature • Weather • Game modes (Story Mode • Battle Mode • Challenge Mode • Bottomless Abyss)|
|Changes during development • Gallery|