The Frosted Breadbug is a species of smaller breadbug that is resistant to damage.
In fanon games
Below this point is where users place their version of the Frosted Breadbug.
In Pikmin 251
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin 251, a fanon game created by PikHacker.
|Caves||Grub-dog Domain, Wooden Fortress, Subterranean Sands, Cryptic Kitchen, Endless Abyss, Doom Den|
|Challenge Mode stages||Beverage Hall, Felt Den|
|Battle Mode stages||None|
|Poko value||× 4|
The Frosted Breadbug is a relative of the Breadbug. It appears in Pikmin 251 and is the smaller counterpart of the Giant Frosted Breadbug. They step at an extremely fast pace but move only slightly faster than an ordinary Breadbug. After emerging from its nest, a Frosted Breadbug will begin exploring the sublevel in which it was found. Should it come across a corpse or a treasure it can move, it will bite onto it and begin dragging the object to its nest, where the creature will store its find if not stopped. A corpse will be lost forever if a Frosted Breadbug manages to get it into its nest, but treasures that are dragged in can be recovered by killing that specific Frosted Breadbug. Pikmin can be swarmed around an object a Frosted Breadbug is dragging, and if enough Pikmin are holding onto it, they can overpower the creature. Any Pikmin holding onto an object that is dragged into a Frosted Breadbug's nest will die.
Frosted Breadbugs have the shape and size of normal Breadbugs, but have a slightly different color scheme. They have pale skin and glowing blue eyes, but their most outstanding feature is their colorful blubber, which is blue at the top and white at the bottom, a black stripe separating the two colors. Frosted Breadbugs also have white legs and blue feet.
A Frosted Breadbug can be killed either by repeatedly throwing Pikmin on top of it or by using an object to cause it to slam its head into the Research Pod. They are fairly easy to defeat and are more of a chore than a threat.
- “This variety of breadbug is quicker and more aggressive than standard breadbugs, despite their calm looking colors. They seem particularly hostile with other creatures they are in competition with. This could be why they seem much more common than regular breadbugs these days.”
Cookin' with Louie
- “This being actually has a mintlike taste to it's meat. It's certainly unique, but I wouldn't call it edible.”
In Pikmin: Decayed Leaf
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Decayed Leaf, a fanon game created by Soundwave.
|Scientific name||Pansarus icingi|
|Poko value||× 2|
The Frosted Breadbug is a new enemy found in Pikmin: Decayed Leaf. The creature looks like a Breadbug, however, the creature is covered in a white frosting with sprinkles, along with having a blue coloration instead of a brown one. The creature's eyes are also yellow rather than blue. The Frosted Breadbug acts just like normal; stealing objects and corpses and dragging them to its den. However, the creature is very fast in doing so. They are like the Banana Breadbug in terms of their statistics, although the Banana variant has more health. The Frosted Breadbug can still be taken down if enough Pikmin carry the object and slam the creature's head into the research pod. Fur Pikmin and Dart Pikmin can break through the hide and stick to it due to their sharpness. However, it will be a tougher time trying to get to the creature in time due to its immense speed. Crumbugs do not follow Frosted Breadbugs.
In Pikmin: Wide World
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Wide World, a fanon game created by Cheepy-Cheepy.
|Poko value||× 5|
|Sparklium worth||× 3|
|Battle point value||× 25|
The Frosted Breadbug appears in Pikmin: Wide World. It is a stronger relative of the Breadbug, and the Giant Frosted Breadbug is its larger counterpart. Frosted Breadbugs and their larger counterpart are only found in the caves of Arid Oasis. Frosted Breadbugs are always found actively exploring the accessible portions of the sublevel they are on instead of emerging from their nests before they begin exploring. Because of this, treasures, fruits, and other objects that would be found sitting out will instead be missing and located inside the nearby nests of the Frosted Breadbugs. However, Pikmin can be sent into a breadbug's nest, similarly to a soil mound, to recover any stolen items. Because of this, any Pikmin that are dragged into a Frosted Breadbug's nest will simply crawl out of it, unharmed, instead of dying. A deceased breadbug's nest will not disappear, necessitating sending Pikmin into it to get objects out. Any objects left sitting out are ones the creatures could not drag or could not reach. Frosted Breadbugs can only drag objects that can be carried by a minimum of up to ten Pikmin, unlike the Giant Frosted Breadbug, which can drag objects that can be carried by a minimum of up to twenty Pikmin. While it is dragging any object, a Frosted Breadbug can be overpowered by having almost the maximum amount of Pikmin carrying the object.
Frosted Breadbugs greatly resemble ordinary Breadbugs in shape and size, only differing in coloration. They have light skin and glowing green eyes, but their blubber is quite colorful. It is light blue towards the top, white towards the bottom, and a thick black line separates the two colors. Its legs are the same color as its skin and its feet are the same color of blue as the top half of its blubber.
Killing a Frosted Breadbug is a longer process than killing a normal Breadbug due to it having more health. Like all breadbugs, a Frosted Breadbug does not roll after a Pikmin is thrown onto its back; instead, it is knocked down before it stands back up again and resumes walking. Their faces are vulnerable, and Rock Pikmin can attack them from any angle. Rock Pikmin and Purple Pikmin are most effective against Frosted Breadbugs because of the creatures' damage resistance. Frosted Breadbugs can also be harmed by using an object they are holding onto to slam them into the Lander Pod, which will reduce its health by three-quarters. When it is defeated, a Frosted Breadbug will drop × 3, and its body can be brought to the Lander Pod to either immediately gain × 5 or later gain four Pikmin seeds of any discovered color of choice from the Master Onion. However, these rewards can only be kept if the cave is left using a escape geyser.
- “The frosted breadbug is among several new species that have been discovered during this visit to PNF-404. Its blubber is hardened and provides additional protection from the only creatures willing to attack it, the pikmin. It still displays the obsessive compulsion to collect objects, as seen in most breadbugs. Frosted breadbugs seem to prefer hot, humid environments compared to cooler ones.”
- “These creatures always remind me of myself. They can't get enough of anything! They're bright too, just like me, in looks and in smarts.”
- “These little guys are just like other breadbugs we've found. They're super cute and are always looking around for things to collect! I'm not sure if I'd call that a flaw, though... Just keep an eye on your belongings! Frosted breadbugs keep their dens in top shape, so they don't have to be maintained by their owner.”
- “They look sweet, but they're not. The meat is just as bland as that of other breadbugs, and it is a bit waxier too. It is certainly an acquired taste.”
Dolphin Lander's notes
- “I wonder how these little guys can stand the heat of the places they live in. And the sand! Horrible sand! Well, I guess I shouldn't judge how they live. I am a space ship after all.”