- This article relates to the official games. See Pikipedia's "Greater Studded Beeb" article for more official information.
|Appearance in Pikmin Adventure.|
The Greater Studded Beeb is a large, mantis-like beeb that has spiked balls at the end of its arms and is essentially a more difficult variant of the Greater Bladed Beeb, having higher vitality and better blocking ability. To attack, it may swing one spiked ball in the same direction two consecutive times, swing both spiked balls in a downward motion while dashing forward, or spin in a circle with its spiked balls low to the ground. It can block attacks effectively with its spiked balls, and the only way to harm it is by damaging and destroying the glowing purple glassy weakpoints on its head and its rear; once one of them breaks, the creature becomes enraged, increasing the speed of its movements and adding consecutive strikes to its attacks. Upon defeat, its eyes widen, and it collapses onto the field and falls apart before exploding.
In fanon games
This is where users type their version of the Greater Studded Beeb.
In Pikmin 5: One More Game
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin 5: One More Game, a fanon game created by Goombawarrior.
|Scientific name||Bovicola maior bestia pulla|
|Areas||Evil King's Empire|
|Caves||Cave of Fallen Dreams, Cave of 100 Trials|
|Carry weight||20 (body)|
|Attacks||Crushes Pikmin with maces|
In Pikmin 5: One More Game, the Greater Studded Beeb is a boss initially appearing in the Evil King's Empire, at the top of the waterfall. It is the more difficult counterpart of the Greater Bladed Beeb, having more health, and a wider attack range due to having large maces at the end of its limbs. It is also encountered as a miniboss in sublevel 6 of Cave of Fallen Dreams and sublevel 3 of Cave of 100 Trials, where its size and health are increased even further.
The fight is very similar to the Greater Bladed Beeb's, due to them being of very similar appearance, after all. It has 3 attacks just like the Greater Bladed Beeb, however, this species' has slight variants. For the first attack, it raises its arm and slams it down quickly. It doesn't have as fast of a startup as its Bladed Counterpart, but it is wider and causes rocks to spike up from the ground, knocking down anything that touches them, even impaling Pikmin in the direct line of fire. For its second attack, it raises both arms and slams them at the same time. Unlike the Greater Bladed Beeb, which swings them outwards in a scissor formation, the Greater Studded Beeb will slam them down at the same point, causing more of the rock spikes to appear. For its third and final attack, it will slam its maces to the ground and then spin, causing rocks to spike up all around it. Unlike the Greater Bladed Beeb, which will only kill Pikmin that are directly hit instead of shaken off, Pikmin that are shaken off will be trapped in the spikes and will be vulnerable to attacks. At half-health, one of its weak points breaks and it becomes enraged, changing the color of the lights around its body to red and regenerating the broken weak point. It is recommended to fight this boss with Rock Pikmin and a Super Rock Pikmin. When defeated, unlike the Greater Bladed Beeb which collapses completely intact, the Greater Studded Beeb's mace hands will pop off and then it collapses.
- “This creature, while not as aggressive as its Bladed counterpart, is much more dangerous as when angered, as it can shatter boulders with ease using its mace-hands. These creatures will knock off entire halves of stumps, rocks, and other surrounding materials to mark their territory. It hunts by slamming creatures to the ground to bury and tenderize them, then marinating them for a day in their own internal fluids to devour them afterward.”
- “Crack the head weakpoint to reveal a yolk similar to an egg and lay it on a pan to cook in any way you desire. Find a slab of meat, any kind will do, and use the maces to tenderize it and then cook it medium-rare. Serve meat and egg together for a good breakfast or lunch.”
The President's notes
- “This creature is not suited to be a pet, as while it will not attempt to kill the owner, it will still destroy any furniture or cabinets to mark its territory. However, the maces make for splendorous wrecking balls for demolition, with a hefty 1,000 Pokos a piece.”
In Pikmin: Decayed Leaf
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Decayed Leaf, a fanon game created by Soundwave.
|Scientific name||Beeb macetaci|
The Greater Studded Beeb is a species of beeb in Pikmin: Decayed Leaf. The creature resembles its original form in Pikmin Adventure, being a mechanical, mantis-like creature with two large maces for hands. However, the creature functions much differently than its original incarnation.
When fighting this Beeb, it has a variety of attacks. The Beeb will attempt to crush Pikmin by smashing its maces into the ground. If far away, it will launch its maces at the captain, the balls being attached to chains. Its main attack is firing both of its maces into the air. If they land on Pikmin, they will be crushed and killed instantly. Now with the Beeb defenseless, the Pikmin can carry the mace balls, each weighing 20 units, and they can be thrown at the Beeb to do extra damage.
After half of its health is lost, the Beeb will enter a more aggressive state. Its mace smash attack covers a wider area, and its maces are also much larger, causing most of its attacks to be much more deadly. The Beeb also gains a new attack; it will fire a rolling mace ball. However, after a few seconds, a countdown from three will being before a massive, fiery explosion erupts from the ball. If defeated, the Beeb will explode and drop its maces to be collected.
- “The Studded Beeb seems to act as some sort of bodyguard for the King Beeb. Armed with a variety of vicious attacks, it suits its role well. Along with this, the Studded Beeb is used to help expand colony territory. Due to its large maces and explosive bombs, it’s effective at leveling land, putting the arachnorbs to shame. It’s interesting to ponder how such biomechanical creatures came to be...”
- “This creature cannot be consumed, unfortunately. However, its maces can be used to help mash up meat for patties.”
- “Remember my idea for a Bombardier Beeb demolition crew? This guy would be their leader for sure! Still looking for a computer wiz... Positions are open! Come in for a job anytime!”