Reason: A more obvious connection to the Translucent Wollywog.
The Hungry Wogpole is a young amphituber with translucent skin.
In fanon games
Below this point is where users place their version of the Hungry Wogpole.
In Pikmin X: Deep Freeze
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin X: Deep Freeze, a fanon game created by DrTapeworm.
|Scientific name||Amphicaris vitrugaster|
In Pikmin X: Deep Freeze, Hungry Wogpoles hatch from eggs laid by the Translucent Wollywog, and true to their name they will make a beeline for Pikmin upon seeing them. They are somewhat fast swimmers, but don't steer very well and can be easily dodged by stepping to the side. They also don't have a lot of health and can be defeated easily with only a few Blue Pikmin.
In Pikmin: Wide World
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Wide World, a fanon game created by Cheepy-Cheepy.
|Poko value||× 2|
|Sparklium worth||× 2|
|Battle point value||× 10|
The Ghost Wogpole is a young amphituber in Pikmin: Wide World that can only be encountered in PNF-404's deepest, darkest caves, which are located in Mycelial Sepulcher. It is the youngest form of the Ghost Wollywog, with the Young Ghost Wollywog being the middle stage in its lifecycle. It is always found in water, swimming aimlessly in short bursts, commonly in the company of a Ghost Wollywog. When a leader or their Pikmin come near the water's edge, every Ghost Wogpole in that body of water will cluster at their location, hoping to get a bite of them. Some Ghost Wogpoles may beach themselves trying to eat a Pikmin or two, leaving them vulnerable to any Pikmin type until they flop back into the water. Like piranhas, a group of Ghost Wogpoles will swarm and ravage Pikmin that walk into the water they infest, devouring them quickly. Ghost Wogpoles are often the cause for a Ghost Wollywog becoming aware of the presence of a leader or a Pikmin, as the creature always keeps a close eye on its young.
Ghost Wogpoles, needless to say, greatly resemble their mature form. They have see-through skin that allows their organs to be seen. Their bulging eyes are orange, and they have a visible mouth that is shaped to look like a deceitfully innocent smile. Their tail is gray and shaped like a spade.
Although they can quickly decrease Pikmin populations when given the chance, Ghost Wogpoles are weak and can be easily defeated, making them comparable to Bulborb Larvae and Bulbear Larvae. Since they are usually in water, swarming a Ghost Wogpole with Blue Pikmin is the fastest and most optimal way of dealing with one. In groups, which are often large, Ghost Wogpoles are much more dangerous, and will most likely eat a few Pikmin before they are all taken out. Like all wogpoles, they can be killed by throwing a single Pikmin on top of them. Luring Ghost Wogpoles onto dry land and killing them there is a slow but effective process since they must be baited into jumping out of the water. Once on land, however, they are completely helpless until they flop back into the water. Upon defeat, a Ghost Wogpole will drop × 2, and its body can be taken to the Lander Pod to either gain × 2 immediately or be saved for later to gain two Pikmin seeds of any discovered color of choice at the Master Onion, but only if the cave is exited using an escape geyser.
- “The youngest stage in the lifecycle of the ghost wollywog, the ghost wogpole has the most ravenous appetite of any wogpole I have documented so far. The creatures infest pools of water, protected by their parents. They are constantly in search of unfortunate prey that happens to stumble into the water or be too close to the water's edge.”
- “What hungry wogpoles! I'm sure that, if I had a large aquarium and a lot of trash to throw out, I could just... throw it all in there with them and see what happens. I'd just have to make sure not to fall in, or else that would be a lot of Pokos the company would have to spend!”
- “Ghost wogpoles are super immature creatures. They are only interested in eating and don't care about love and affection! Just like Louie... Eugh.”
- “Remove and discard the skin, mash the entrails, add and mix in spices, and mold into patties. Throw the patties on the grill until well done and make some hot ghost wogpole sandwiches!”
Dolphin Lander's notes
- “Who knew such little creatures could have such big appetites? If ghost wogpoles had their own civilization, they would probably have to come to PNF-404 to solve a famine they caused. Wait, didn't something like that happen before?”