The Maggot Whiskerpillar is a larval whiskerpillar that burrows into corpses to feed on them.
In fanon games
Below this point is where users place their version of the Maggot Whiskerpillar.
In Pikmin: Corporate Combat
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Corporate Combat, a fanon game created by Bioman223.
|Scientific name||Esurientes uteruos|
Maggot Whiskerpillars are small, maggot-like whiskerpillars appearing in Pikmin: Corporate Combat. They emerge from the ground when a corpse or food-based treasure nears, and will then eat into the object and stay there, emitting poison gas. At this point, the only thing that can get them out is White Pikmin. When they are killed, they disappear into a puff of gas, making them unsalvageable. Before they burrow into an object, however, they can be killed by any kind of Pikmin.
- “This species of whiskerpillar is adapted to burrowing into food, and nesting there until maturation. During this time, they expel excess gasses for defense.”
- “Deep fry and sprinkle on your favorite food for extra flavor! Make sure to cook thoroughly, as undercooked specimens may enter your food and produce noxious gas.”
In Pikmin: Decayed Leaf
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Decayed Leaf, a fanon game created by Soundwave.
|Scientific name||Lepidoptera witherus|
|Poko value||× 1|
|“||EW EW EW EWWW...!!||”||– The ship, upon discovering the Maggot Whiskerpillar|
The Maggot Whiskerpillar is an enemy that appears in Pikmin: Decayed Leaf. The Maggot Whiskerpillar is quite rare, as it has only a small chance to appear by corpses left uncollected after one day has passed. The more days that pass, the more Maggot Whiskerpillars will appear by the corpse. Maggot Whiskerpillars resemble small, white grubs with black spots and a pale orange head. Two beady, black eyes are located on the side of their head, and they have very few black bristles covering their mouth.
Maggot Whiskerpillars can be found by uncollected kills, in groups of three to five. The Whiskerpillars will crawl into corpses when they appear from the ground. Once they dig in, they will begin to emit persistent noxious gas from the corpse, which leaves the carcass through the creature's mouth, ears, eyes, or any other orifices on the corpse. Due to the gas, non-White Pikmin will be unable to collect this corpse. If White Pikmin are sent to get the corpse, they will dig out the Maggot Whiskerpillars and begin to attack them. The longer a Maggot Whiskerpillar stays in the corpse, the more value in the form of seeds and pokos will be lost. If left in the corpse for long enough, it will be consumed completely, and the Whiskerpillars will retreat underground, never to be seen again.
Due to their poisonous abilities, using White Pikmin to attack the Maggot Whiskerpillars is the best choice. However, it is best to simply collect the corpses before the Maggot Whiskerpillars can get to them. In turn, however, this will result in the Whiskerpillars never being discovered in the Piklopedia.
In Overlord mode, Maggot Whiskerpillars eat much faster and are twice as quick to appear.
- “This species has adapted from the normal vegetation lifestyle of most Whiskerpillars. In fact, it has more in common with insects of the Sarcophagidae class. Flesh Whiskerflies will lay their eggs into any dead creatures they see, then the eggs will hatch only a day later. If this larva is threatened, it has the ability to secret a noxious gas to deter predators from eating them.”
- “Definitely not worth eating unless you remove the poison gland. Once you do, they're best just skewered and eaten raw.”
- “Hocoladies and Hocogentlemen... this is why you always close your trashcans at night! Although the grubs on our planet are MUCH more smaller... Gross...”
- “If only the ancient race was still here, so I would have fly spray to take down these annoying bugs before they lay their eggs. Now I have to deal with Flesh Whiskerflies flying around my house all day. I am slowly starting to lose my patience.”