- This article relates to the official games. See Pikipedia's "Phosbat pod" article for more official information.
|Appearance in Pikmin 3.|
Phosbat pods are immobile egg sac-like obstacles from which Phosbats spawn. They are found active or dormant, and an active pod will continue spawning Phosbats until five exist, and once this limit is reached, it will stop until at least one of its Phosbats is killed. They are sensitive to light, much like the Phosbats themselves, and will close up if exposed to it. They can also be disabled by being attacked by Pikmin until defeated. If a pod is dormant, only the Vehemoth Phosbat's roar will activate it.
In fanon games
Below this point is where users place their version of phosbat pods.
In Pikmin: Decayed Leaf
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Decayed Leaf, a fanon game created by Soundwave.
|Scientific name||Tectupervus pteromys|
The Phosbat pod is a species of aerodentia in Pikmin: Decayed Leaf. They resemble their original counterpart in Pikmin 3. Although not an enemy, the pod will produce Phosbats to attack leaders and Pikmin. The pod will create up to five Phosbats before stopping, only making more if at least one of the Phosbats are killed. The pod will also stop producing Phosbats if a Glowcap is activated near it, or if it is killed. A single Dart Pikmin hit can also kill the pod.
- “These Pods are created by the mother Phosbat to create infants. Usually, they only make up to five for self-preservation purposes. Due to the scarcity of food, it is best to keep the population low so there are fewer mouths to feed. By closer inspection, these pods seem to be able to create a Phosbat embryo at rapid speed. Using the immense energy storage in these pods given by a Vehemoth Phosbat, the pod develops the egg into an infant in record time. The pods rarely use their energy for anything else.”
- “Inedible. Just hold onto it so you can have food created forever!”
- “Imagine this: creating creatures for free! I can see Pokos growing on trees! However, I don’t think anyone wants a Phosbat as a pet...”
- “I saw that big-nosed yellow-haired freak steal one of the mother's pods. I shudder to think what he’s going to do with it... These Hocotations are nothing but trouble.”
|Used (list)||Bamboo gate • Boulder • Bramble gate • Brick gate • Bubble pipe • Cardboard box • Cinderblock gate • Clay mound • Climbing rope • Climbing stick • Climbing wall • Clipboard • Clog • Cobblestone block • Cold air • Conveyor belt • Crystal • Crystal gate • Dirt block • Dirt gate • Dirt mound • Draft jumper • Dry ice • Electric gate • Electrical wire • Electrode • Elevator platform • Fan • Fire geyser • Flame • Flukeweed dam • Fragment bridge • Gas pipe • Hay • Hydro jelly • Ice gate • Iron ball • Iron block • Iron fence • Jacob's ladder • Jar • Jump switch • Leaf platform • Liftable rock • Metal pipe • Moving platform • Numbered gate • Paper bag • Pit • Potted plant • Pulley rock • Reinforced gate • Sand pit • Seesaw block • Sizzling floor • Snowball • Spiked ball • Sprinkler • Stick bridge • Switch • Switch gate • Tin box • Trowel • Tunnel • Valve • Water • Water geyser • Water sac • Web • Wooden stake|
|Cut and unused||Door • Rock generator|