This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Redemption, created by Sir Pikmin.
|Rating||E10+, disturbing images, mild violence|
|Genre||Strategy, 3D platformer|
|Platforms||Wii, Wii U|
|Media||Wii Optical Disc|
|Publisher||Fallen Angel Games|
|Prequel||Pikmin: Sinister Incinerator|
|Sequel||Pikmin: Global Breakdown|
After Olimar, Louie, and the Pikmin rescued The President and defeated the Empire Deathstool they triumphantly returned to Hocotate. Once at home Olimar took a short break away from work with his family. When he returned to work he was surprised by his employer with a special mission: return to the Pikmin Planet and study the wildlife there more in-depth than before. Olimar gladly sped out in his newly repurchased S.S. Dolphin towards the third-planet of the alien sun. Luck was not on his side, however; because Space Pirates attacked him when he was just outside the Pikmin planet's orbit. They quickly overwhelmed him and shot out the Dolphin's engines, sending his prize ship again hurtling down towards the planet. The last thing he remembered was being sucked into a grey-colored Onion.
- The Wilderness
- Ancient Forest
- Dawn Lake
- Bald Mountain
- The Facility
- Flooded Abyss
- The Oasis
- Barren Wasteland
- Merged Nothingness
These controls are for the Wii version using the Wiimote and Nunchuck attachment, however you can also use a GameCube controller to play.
*HOME Button can be used on all screens.
- Wiimote pointer-Controls the camera.
- A button-Punch, Throw pikmin, Pluck pikmin, Talk
- B button-Whistle,use with D-Pad to select sprays
- Control Stick-Move leader, tilt slightly to move landing cursor, use in conjunction with C to command pikmin army
- Plus-Opens menu screen
- Minus-Brings up Piklopedia/Hoard menus
- 1-Dismiss Pikmin
- 2-Change leader
- D-Pad- Use with B to select sprays,when holding pikmin: to change pikmin color held(Left and Right), to change selected pikmin stages(Up and Down)
- C button-Use with Control stick to command army, hold Z and press this button to cycle through leader's abilities
- Z button-Use currently selected ability, hold and press C to cycle through leader's abilities.
In-Game Menu Controls
- WIImote pointer-Move the leaf icon
- Control Stick-Select buttons
- A button-Hover leaf icon over a button and press this to select that button.
- B button-Cancel last action
- Plus-Go to Piklopedia Menu
- Minus-Exit menu
- C+Z-Go to sunset menu
- 1-Pikmin stats menu
- 2-Hoard menu
Title Menu Controls
- WIImote pointer-Move leaf icon
- Control Stick-Select menu options
- A button-Hover leaf icon over a button and press this to select it.
- B button-Cancels last action
In Order of Attainability
|White Pikmin||Poison||Digging||White||Red Eyes|
|Blue Pikmin||Water||Rescue drowning pikmin||Blue||Gills|
|Purple Pikmin||Wind||Super strength||Purple||Hair, fat|
|Tan Pikmin||Quicksand & sandstorm||Defusing sand hazards||Tan||Long, hollow tail|
|Yellow Pikmin||Electricity||Throw higher||Yellow||Ears|
|Grey Pikmin||Dark matter||Turn into Candypop Buds||Graphite/Grey||Teeth|
|Crystal Pikmin||Omnimmune, excluding deathwave||Blind enemies, activate light sensors||Clear||Diamond-like skin|
- Story Mode- Play through the main adventure either alone or with a buddy.
- Multiplayer Mode- Play through a variety of game modes with 2-4 players either in split-screen or over the Online.
- Challenge Mode- Uncover the secrets of the Pit of Redemption with or without a friend. (Unlocked in story mode progression)
- Adventurers' Guide- Check the Piklopedia's completion. (Unlocked in story mode progression)
- Cutscene Viewer- View various cutscenes, as well as some other content (Unlocked in story mode progression)
- Options- Change game options like brightness, sound level,etc.
There are no treasures in this game. So, if you see a man-made item, it is an upgrade. These are beneficial for your Pikmin. Some are good for all, while some are only good for a particular Pikmin type. Players have to make your decision carefully as once an upgrade is applied it can never come off. These can be used to build walls, swords, and shields to help defend your landing sites.