|The Darkfreeze is back...
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Revenge of the Darkfreeze, created by SilverPikmin.
|Pikmin: Revenge of the Darkfreeze|
|Platforms||Wii, 3DS, Wii U, DSi|
|Media||Digital Video Disc, DS Game Card, 3DS Game Card|
|Publisher||SilverPikmin Media, Inc.|
Pikmin: Revenge of the Darkfreeze is a fan-made game that is strongly inspired by Pikspore and Pikmin: Gold/Silver/Bronze, and takes place after the two. While Olimar is leaving the Pikmin Planet after defeating the Darkfreeze, a distress signal has emanated from the Red Onion, detailing that the Darkfreeze has attacked again somehow. Olimar must return to the planet!
After facing many challenges, discovering new and fascinating creatures, and gathering riches beyond their wildest dreams, Olimar and co finally make it to the Darkfreeze Plain and the Frozen Land, where they battle against the terrifying Darkfreeze Titan Dweevil. Then, the portal to the Final Freeze is revealed...
When a Pikmin matures into flower stage, its gender is randomly determined to be neutral (50%), male (25%), or female (25%). There are no visual differences, although some differences can be noticed through combat.
Fruit Pikmin is what happens when a female Flower Pikmin is pollinated by a Yellow Buzzer or drinks a water droplet. These Pikmin are slower than other Pikmin but pack a bigger punch, probably because of the big fruit on the top of its stem. Upon death, a Fruit Pikmin will either drop a seed that immediately sprouts, or even another Pikmin.
Stem Pikmin are created when a male Flower Pikmin is pollinated by a Yellow Buzzer or drinks a water droplet. These Pikmin are faster than other Pikmin, but are also weaker as a consequence, probably because they don't have a weapon. Every few minutes, a Stem Pikmin drops Nectar, Black nectar, water, etc.
Pikmin villages are locations inside caves in which anywhere between hundreds and millions of Pikmin exist and can trade.
- Main article: Onion development
As Pikmin become more advanced and become "smarter", the Onion and Pikmin will become advanced. The advancement is shown on the Onion GUI on a scale of one to ten, one being barely developed, and ten being extremely technologically advanced.
- Red Pikmin: First Pikmin found, at the Salvation Site. Immune to fire, slightly stronger than other Pikmin.
- Purple Pikmin: Second Pikmin found, at the Cave of Strength. Much stronger and heavier than other Pikmin.
- Blue Pikmin: Third Pikmin found, at the Forest of Peace. Immune to water.
- Black Pikmin: Fourth Pikmin found, at the Black Rose Garden. Immune to mud and oil.
- White Pikmin: Fifth Pikmin found, at the Chamber of Poison. Smaller, faster, and immune to poison. Also poisonous.
- Rock Pikmin: Sixth Pikmin found, at Medusa's Lair. Rocky, is slightly stronger than other Pikmin and can break the glass. Immune to Darkfreeze and cold air.
- Yellow Pikmin: Seventh Pikmin found, at the Winter Valley. Can pick up small bomb rocks, immune to electricity, and higher throwing arch.
- Cyan Pikmin: Eighth Pikmin found, in the Frozen Chamber. Immune to cold, ice, and freezing water.
- Pink Pikmin: Ninth Pikmin found, in the Wingnut Dungeon. Much longer throwing arch, can fly treasures over abysses if there's over half Pink Pikmin carrying it.
- Green Pikmin: Tenth Pikmin found, at the Burning Lands. Immune to acid.
- Bronze/Silver/Gold Pikmin: Eleventh Pikmin found, at the Speckled Catacombs. While Bronze and Silver can mine for other Pikmin in cave walls, Gold Pikmin can serve as temporary Captains. Gold Pikmin have more stamina than other Captains.
- Orange Pikmin: Twelfth and last Pikmin found, at the Spiked Chamber. Immune to explosions, and deal damage when squashed.
- Red Bulbmin: has well-balanced stats.
- Blue Bulbmin: is faster in water.
- Yellow Bulbmin: is stronger in sandy areas.
- Orange Bulbmin: targets the nearest enemy and jumps on them when left idle.
- Hairy Bulbmin: takes two attacks to kill unless eaten.
- Brown Bulbmin: is weaker than other types.
- Spotty Bulbearmin: are overall stronger than Red Bulbmin.
- Green Bulbearmin: is stronger than Spotty Bulbearmin, and often spar with Red Bulbearmin.
- Red Bulbearmin: have similar stats to Green Pikmin, but will often spar with Green Pikmin, homing their skills.
- Giga Bulbearmin: is large (about the size of a Dwarf Bulborb) and is powerful.
Available at start. Well-rounded, decent stats. Serves as primary Captain. No special ability.
Available when you unlock all twelve Pikmin types, not including Bulbmin subspecies or Bronze maturity stages. More defensive (able to resist enemy attacks more than other captains), but falls short in other stats. Able to pull Pikmin out of the ground with his whistle.
- The President
Available when you get 1,000 Pokos. Most offensive (highest punching power and rate), but falls short in other stats. The third punch would be more powerful than the others.
- Olimar's son
Available when you breed 1,000 Pikmin or get 75 Pikmin of each type. Faster than other Captains (faster running speed and throwing rate), but falls in other stats. Larger whistle than other Captains.
- OMI-CAPTAIN 3001
OMI-CAPTAIN 3001 is a primary captain obtained... somewhere. Very high stats, and able to fire an energy pulse that can instantly kill anything.
- Many maps in this game are reuses of older games.
- Many new features not introduced in other games are in this game.