Every Pikmin Fanon contributor has access to read and edit the wiki. A number of special user roles also exist on Pikmin Fanon with advanced user rights, in order to help impede spam and vandalism. The following is a description of these roles.
Users who created an account and are logged in can:
- Create new pages and edit unprotected pages.
- Customize the appearance and features of the wiki by setting their preferences.
- Maintain a user profile and talk page.
Users who are confirmed, by an autoconfirmation process of the wiki, can:
- Bypass the CAPTCHA.
- Edit semi-protected pages.
- Move articles and other pages.
- Upload a file to the wiki or a new version of an existing file.
- For a list of all users, see Special:UserList.
Administrators, also known as "sysops" or just "admins", are users who are active, trustworthy, and continually publishing constructive edits, they can:
- Block a user or IP address from editing.
- Delete and undelete pages, page histories, images, or files.
- Mark edits as patrolled.
- Protect a page so it cannot be edited or moved by users without admin rights.
- Rollback disruptive/unconstructive edits.
- For more details, see Help:Administrator's Handbook.
- For a list of administrators, see Special:ListAdmins.
Bureaucrats are users who are trusted admins but have access to a few more features than an admin has. With the same rights as admins, they can:
- Change wiki prefixes in Special:Interwiki
- Grant (and revoke) administrator or bureaucrat status to other users.
- Rename users.
- For a list of bureaucrats, see Special:ListUsers/bureaucrat.
Interface administrators (also referred to as an "interface-admin") are the only users with the ability to edit sitewide CSS and JS pages (such as MediaWiki:Common.js, MediaWiki:Vector.css, interface messages which are interpreted as raw HTML, or the gadget pages listed on Special:Gadgets), and other users' personal CSS/JS pages. JS and CSS pages are executed by the browser of wiki editors and readers as code, which can be used to change how content is styled, change the behavior of pages, or even implement gadgets.
- For a list of interface administrators, see Special:ListUsers/interface-admin.
Suppressors are users associated with cutting out abuse of the edit system (where edits appear on lists such as the history or recent changes list), they can:
- Block a username, hiding it from the public (not to be confused with a user block.)
- Delete and undelete specific log entries and specific revisions of pages.
- View private logs and revisions that are hidden from any user.
- View, hide, and unhide specific revisions of pages from any user.
- For a list of suppressors, see Special:ListUsers/suppress.
A "bot" is an automated process, program, or script that makes it easier for a user to make tedious or repetitive edits and actions on a wiki. When a bot is running in quick succession, the recent changes log can sometimes be overtaken, making it harder to spot more substantial edits by regular users. Giving an account a "bot flag" will hide these edits from the recent changes list (although any editor can still choose to see them by clicking "Show bots").
- For a list of bots, see Special:ListBots.
Developers are users who can bypass the CAPTCHA when performing CAPTCHA-triggering actions.
- For a list of developers, see Special:ListUsers/developer.