- This article is inspired by unused content in one of the official games. To learn more about its origins, see here.
The Satchel Snitchbug is a species of scarpanid found in the files of Hey! Pikmin. Its behavior is unknown, but it most likely would have eaten Sparklium seeds. Presumably, the Sparklium seeds it would have eaten would have been visible in its stomach and been recovered by killing the creature.
In fanon games
This is where users type their version of the Satchel Snitchbug.
In Pikmin: Wide World
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Wide World, a fanon game created by Cheepy-Cheepy.
|Poko value||× 2|
|Sparklium worth||× 1|
|Battle point value||× 10|
The Satchel Snitchbug appears in Pikmin: Wide World as a cowardly, harmless scarpanid that frequently ingests usable items. It may be found secluded from other creatures, crawling slowly about a small territory on dry land, inching along the ground to move. A Satchel Snitchbug will avoid and move away from Pikmin, leaders, and other creatures that are close by. Visible within each Satchel Snitchbug's stomach may be a 1-pellet, the color of which depending on what main Pikmin types have been discovered, a blob of nectar, a Sparklium seed of any quality, a small fruit, or a spiderwort berry of any type.
Satchel Snitchbugs are medium-size and possess an insectoid appearance typical of the scarpanid family. They are primarily green in color and have a small head with relatively large, oblong, red, compound eyes. Their stomach expands to accommodate its contents, becoming translucent in the process. Notably, they lack any form of limbs whatsoever, and so are forced to crawl along the ground to move.
Because of its slow speed and inability to defend itself in any capacity, a Satchel Snitchbug is entirely at the mercy of anything around it. They may be killed quickly and easily no matter the method used, but throwing a Rock Pikmin at one or throwing a Purple Pikmin directly on top of one will kill it instantly. Upon death, a Satchel Snitchbug will yield × 1 and spit up the contents of its stomach. Because it is never found aboveground, its body can be taken to the Lander Pod to either receive × 2 or be stored to later gain four seeds of a chosen discovered main Pikmin type of choice from the Master Onion, but only if the cave is exited using an escape geyser.
- “Only found underground, the satchel snitchbug is a helpless, harmless scarpanid that carries food it finds in its stomach until the process of digestion takes place. It prefers to stay away from other lifeforms, regardless of whether they are hostile or harmless.”
- “This creature reminds me of home, where I keep my Pokos in sacks for safekeeping. The big differences are that those pouches are brown and don't normally move on their own.”
- “Satchel snitchbugs make for fine pets because they are so docile. They are a bit timid, but gaining enough of their trust negates that issue. They much prefer nutrient-rich meals over any other.”
- “Its elastic stomach is the tastiest but chewiest of the creature's edible matter. Best served raw and fresh after cleaning it.”
Dolphin Lander's notes
- “Even through the sheer complexity of the lifeforms of PNF-404, the satchel snitchbug seems to live the simple life and does so in the most adorable way possible.”