- This article relates to the official games. See Pikipedia's "Scornet Maestro" article for more official information.
|Scientific name||Spourgitis advenus|
|Attacks||Orders Scornets to attack Pikmin|
The Scornet Maestro resembles a queen bee of sorts since it can command a swarm of Scornets using its harp-like beak. This beak will even produce harp music when each attack is happening. The Scornet retinue is used to attack the leaders and their Pikmin. This boss relies entirely on its swarm to attack, possessing no offensive moves of its own besides shaking off Pikmin. If all the Maestro's Scornets are killed, it will use a period during which it would normally create an attack formation to summon more onto the field. It cannot be attacked while its swarm is surrounding it, requiring the leaders to aim their Pikmin at the boss after it exposes itself, after one of its coordinated attacks. Once defeated, the Scornet Maestro will drop any valuables it had ingested, and all 100 of the Scornets it commanded will instantly die and fall to the ground, able to be picked up.
The Scornet Maestro itself is harmless and has no direct way of damaging Pikmin. However, it commands the Scornets to attack for it with its harp-like mouth. All attacks by the Scornets have the same effect: the Pikmin caught in the attack will be held by the Scornets for a certain amount of time, and if not freed, will be killed.
- The Scornet Maestro may order Scornets to get into a cone formation and will aim at the active leader.
- The Scornet Maestro may order Scornets to get into lines, and each line will proceed to aim at the active leader.
- The Scornet Maestro may order Scornets to form a circle around the active leader. Have a few Pikmin kill some Scornets to escape the circle.
If any Pikmin are captured, the Scornets will form a circle around the Maestro and will eat them after a few seconds. Throw Pikmin at the Scornets to save them.
- "Structural flaw: weak hide / Weight: 10 / It takes real charisma to command such a large team. It's a lot like our captain that way! For instance, he... Well, there's... Hmm. Maybe not."
- "I'd like to listen to that pretty sound while I eat some fruit. It looks to be well taken care of by the surrounding little bees. I envy that. I suppose I've only got Alph and Captain. I could only do a half of what I want..."
- "The maestro leads a whole swarm of scornets flying in perfect military formation. My leadership over the Pikmin might not be that tight, but we do OK. I'd put my whistle up against this gal's harp any day of the week!"
- "Slice thin, fry until golden brown, and serve when cool. Sprinkle the crumbs on top of a creamy clam chowder to give it a little kick!"
- "Known for its striking lyriform mouth, it does not settle at a particular nest but migrates across the waters in search of food. In the spring, the maestro awakens from its hibernation. Before the advent of summer, she travels with a male partner to the cooler climate of the mainland, where food is plentiful. (The male is smaller than the maestro, with a white body and blue feet, back, and tendrils. It has no wings and thus cannot fly.) The maestro secretes a pheromone to control workers to carry out its commands, which it issues via complex musical cues. When the maestro is no more, the listless and directionless workers perish along with the rest of the colony."
In fanon games
This is where users type their version of the Scornet Maestro.
In Pikmin E
In Pikmin Z
The Scornet Maestro only appears in the Painted Pines of the Fleeting Forest location, and is significantly weaker than it was in Pikmin 3. Its behavior remains overall the same but if Pikmin or leaders get too close to it, the Scornet Maestro can swipe at Pikmin with its arms, which can deal a bit of damage to the captain if hit. The way it commands the Scornets to attack are altered, and far less complicated:
- Scornets line up in a wave and fly straight forward towards their targets at medium speed.
- Scornets hover nearby their targets and dive from above.
The main food it's observed eating is the nectar its Scornets give to it. It doesn't actively hunt or react to other enemies, but it will end up sending its Scornets to attack other enemies if it gets attacked first and will try to drive them away. The most common enemy to see this happen is with the Puffy Blowhog: the main predator to a Scornet Maestro.
- While the main predator to a Scornet Maestro is a Puffy Blowhog, Flytrap Chrysanthemums may sometimes eat a Scornet Maestro if it flies within range, although it normally eats regular Scornets.
In Pikmin: Wide World
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Wide World, a fanon game created by Cheepy-Cheepy.
|Scientific name||Spourgitis advenus|
|Battle Mode stages||None|
|Challenge Mode stages||None|
|Poko value||× 20|
|Sparklium worth||× 25|
|Attacks||Commands lesser scornets|
The Scornet Maestro appears in Pikmin: Wide World as the boss of Balmy Highlands's final den, Scornet Hive. On the den's final sublevel, the Scornet Maestro remains hidden from view until Captain Olimar, Shacho, Marie, and Louie approach the center of its large, hexagonal arena, where it swoops down towards them alongside many Scornets and Venomous Scornets, initiating the fight. Its arena is entered by having ten Winged Pikmin lift up a bamboo gate blocking the way.
The Scornet Maestro looks exactly as it did in Pikmin 3, being a strange, beaked, bee-like creature with bulging eyes and a bushy tail.
The fight against the Scornet Maestro is the same as the one in Pikmin 3, except for the inclusion of Venomous Scornets, which poison Pikmin and leaders they sting. It also has less health but is still challenging, even with Winged Pikmin. The creature sends various formations of Scornets and Venomous Scornets towards leaders and their Pikmin, eventually opening itself up to attack once the scornets protecting it are gone. Once enough Pikmin are latched onto the Scornet Maestro, it plummets to the ground, helpless, and is at the mercy of every available Pikmin until its scornets return. More Venomous Scornets will be present the lower the Scornet Maestro's health is. Any Pikmin that are caught by the lesser scornets must be saved manually because the creatures kill them after a set amount of time. After the Scornet Maestro dies, it produces × 25 and its remains can be retrieved and brought to the Lander Pod. Its corpse can either be used to gain × 20 or be brought to the surface to gain thirty Pikmin seeds of any chosen discovered color from the Master Onion. The same applies to the now lifeless bodies of the scornets that fought alongside the Scornet Maestro and fell alongside it.
- "I was entirely unaware scornets could construct such elaborate hives until we stumbled into one. The scornet maestro seems relatively unchanged from my last visit to this planet, still having the same appearance and exceptional leadership skills. Something new I have learned, however, is that it seems to be able to control more than just normal scornets. This shouldn't be surprising as they are just lesser scornets, but I am still very interested in what other scornet species we have as of yet to discover and if the scornet maestro can control them."
- "What a fantastic leader! This giant bee reminds me of myself, heh heh. Maybe I could hire one of these creatures so I'd never need to hire anyone else again!"
- "It's super difficult to tame a scornet maestro, but it seems like it's possible to at least befriend it... to a degree. It's a cold, uncaring creature that prioritizes itself over others and will always work hard to get its way as it won't settle for anything less. So, I wouldn't recommend at all having one as a pet."
- "Pluck the feathers and remove the fuzz covering its body, removing the beak and eyes afterward. The beak should be discarded, but the eyes should be kept and cooked along with the meat. Place the meat into the oven, basting occasionally, until it is done for an enjoyable dinner."
Dolphin Lander's notes
- "According to Louie, this isn't the first time a scornet maestro has been seen, fought, and defeated on this planet. As it turns out, a trio of explorers from another planet close to Hocotate took one out to save him!"
|Armored Cannon Beetle • Beady Long Legs • Burrowing Snagret • Emperor Bulblax • Goolix • Mamuta • Puffstool • Smoky Progg|
|Beady Long Legs • Burrowing Snagret • Emperor Bulblax • Empress Bulblax • Giant Breadbug • Man-at-Legs • Pileated Snagret • Raging Long Legs • Ranging Bloyster • Segmented Crawbster • Titan Dweevil • Waterwraith|
|Armored Mawdad • Baldy Long Legs • Bug-Eyed Crawmad • Burrowing Snagret • Plasm Wraith Quaggled Mireclops • Sandbelching Meerslug • Scornet Maestro • Shaggy Long Legs • Vehemoth Phosbat|
|Armurk • Berserk Leech Hydroe • Electric Cottonade • Emperor Bulblax • Fiery Blowhog • Long Water Dumple • Luring Slurker • Queen Shearwig • Red Bulborb|
|Emperor Bulbot • Emperor Pinchipede • Greater Bladed Beeb • Greater Bulbot • Greater Studded Beeb • King Beeb • Large-Mouth Wollywog • Monochromatic Pinchipede • Translucent Wollywog|
|Pikmin: Wide World|
|Main (Captain Olimar, Shacho, Marie, Louie, Dolphin Lander) • Side (Alph, Brittany, Captain Charlie, Dorris, Granny Marma, Libra, Margot, Sagittarius, S.S. Drake, S.S. Dreamstride) • Mentioned (Freight Voyager, SPERO, Bulbie)|
|Onion • Pellet • Yellow Pikmin • Blue Pikmin • Red Pikmin • Purple Pikmin • Green Pikmin • Rock Pikmin • White Pikmin • Winged Pikmin • Captmin (Captain Hunnigan) • Alien Pikmin • Mushroom Pikmin • Wild Pikmin|
Parasitic Pikmin (variants: Blue Bulbmin, Breadmin, Burrowing Snagmin, Cannon Beetlemin, Dweevilmin, Groinkmin, Hairy Bulbmin, Orange Bulbmin, Red Bulbmin, Spinermin, Spotty Bulbearmin, Wollymin)
|Data file (Pikminology, Wildlife Survival, Explorers' Tales) • Fruit (list) • Nugget • Sparklium (seed, stone) • Treasure • Upgrade (unlocks, Exploration Kit, ship part)|
Black nectar • Nectar • Ultra-bitter spray • Ultra-hot spray • Ultra-minty spray • Ultra-spicy spray • Ultra-sweet spray • Ultra-toxic spray
|Acid • Adhesive • Blunt force • Bubble • Electricity • Fire • Ice • Lubricant • Mud • Panic • Pit • Poison • Spore • Sunset • Water
|Achievements • Caravan • HocoPad • Options • Pikpik carrot • Soul • Squad desertion • Temperature • Weather • Game modes (Story Mode, Battle Mode, Challenge Mode, Bottomless Abyss)|
|Changes during development • Gallery • Cave units|