- This article is inspired by unused content in one of the official games. To learn more about its origins, see here.
|Appearance in Pikmin 3's files.|
The Stamping Long Legs is a species of arachnorb found in the files of Pikmin 3. It strongly resembles the Beady Long Legs in Pikmin 2, the only differences being its coloration and head shape. It was intended to be either blue or pink, or perhaps both, as its textures suggest, although the provided image of the creature uses the Beady Long Legs' original Pikmin 2 texture. Its head strongly resembles a large version of one of its feet, and it presumably would have stomped using it in addition to its actual feet.
In fanon games
Below this point is where users place their version of the Stamping Long Legs.
In Pikmin: Wide World
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Wide World, a fanon game created by Cheepy-Cheepy.
|Poko value||× 35|
|Sparklium worth||× 35|
|Battle point value||× 175|
The Stamping Long Legs is a larger, dangerous arachnorb appearing in Pikmin: Wide World. Its theme is a punchier remix of the Beady Long Legs' theme. It does not reveal itself until Pikmin or leaders near its hiding place, causing it to fall from above, land, correct its posture before stretching, and finally begin to walk around. Whilst hidden, a Stamping Long Legs is not visible, even through the use of the HocoPad's camera functionality. It can, however, be seen if it is hanging from above in a location that has natural light shining down in. After falling, a Stamping Long Legs will not acknowledge the presence of Pikmin or leaders and will behave the same as when they are around even when they may not. Once it begins moving around, a Stamping Long Legs stomps about in any direction using, in addition to its main body, its four feet, which it may stomp in any order, crushing Pikmin, leaders, and anything else underneath at the time. It is somewhat slow to recover from stamping its main body onto the ground, especially when over soft ground, and any Pikmin or leaders in the range of the slam but not hit by it will be thrown back a moderate distance. Anything under its feet when it initially lands will also be crushed. It will tread on dry land, and in water that reaches roughly halfway up the bottom segment of its legs, although it will not slam its body into the ground when in water deeper than its feet. When remaining in one spot and walking, a Stamping Long Legs will stomp around to rotate, at various speeds, clockwise or counterclockwise. After stomping enough times, often in multiples of four, a Stamping Long Legs will stop to stretch, leaning down and then up again, and then stamp the ground with its body, a process it repeats a few times before resuming stomping.
Physically, the Stamping Long Legs resembles many other members of the arachnorb family, being a tall, arachnid creature with four spindly legs and a round body. It is slightly larger than most arachnorbs, has dull purple skin, curved legs, and nothing covering its joints. Its most prominent feature is its bell-shaped body.
Although tall, a Stamping Long Legs can be easily thwarted by Yellow Pikmin because of their throw height and Winged Pikmin because they automatically target the creature's body. Rock Pikmin are also recommended because they can not be crushed]]. Its feet may also be harmed by Pikmin and leaders alike, but inflict much less harm upon the creature unless Purple Pikmin are made to pound on them. Pikmin can not climb its waxy legs and will slide down them if they try. Having twenty Pikmin, or two Purple Pikmin, on one of the Stamping Long Legs' feet will keep that foot in place, essentially pinning the creature in one spot until it kicks them off. To shake Pikmin off of its body, a Stamping Long Legs will twist its body, and then release, flinging its attackers off of its body in all directions. Upon death, its joints lock up before its body droops, any feet that are in the air landing on the ground gently. Its main body then bursts, revealing anything it may have ingested, as well as × 35, and its legs collapse, ready to be carried to the Lander Pod for × 35. Its body may also be stored to later gain fifty Pikmin seeds of any chosen discovered species from the Master Onion, if the cave is exited using an escape geyser.
- “The body of the stamping long legs has a unique form, one that it uses to dramatically increase its lethality. It forcefully slams its body onto the ground, as it does with its feet, mercilessly smashing anything unfortunate enough to be anywhere under it. Despite this, the creature appears to have difficulty in raising its body after stamping the ground with it.”
- “I used to slam things around as much as this beast does when I got angry. After a little bit of therapy, not so much anymore.”
- “I'm not sure about having one of these as a pet. I don't know what, or even how, they eat, and it's not simple to give them affection unless you have a crane to lift yourself up with or you're content with petting its feet or ankles. I suppose it could slam its head down to provide easy access, just... don't stand under it.”
- “Its meat is bitter, but its wax is edible and sweet. Best used as a sweet, candy snack, or a syrup substitute by heating it.”
Dolphin Lander's notes
- “If I could move around like this creature, I don't believe I would repeatedly slam my body down to the ground. I can only imagine how much that would hurt...”