- This article is inspired by unused content in one of the official games. To learn more about its origins, see here.
|Appearance in Hey! Pikmin's files, yellow coloration.|
The Stubborn Bulblon is a prototype bulborb found in the files of Hey! Pikmin. They lack eyestalks and their eyes are positioned on their faces instead. Stubborn Bulblons exist in six different colors: yellow, blue, brown, green, pink, and red. Presumably, they would have behaved much like any bulborb, chasing after and eating Pikmin that come close.
In fanon games
This is where users type their version of the Stubborn Bulblon.
In Pikmin 8: The World Beyond
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin 8: The World Beyond, a fanon game created by Akram0218.
|One of the six colors of Stubborn Bulblon.|
|Areas||Nostalgic Forest, Palace of Waves, Dry Dry Oasis|
|Caves||Cave of Flowers, Pipes of Wishes|
Stubborn Bulblons are part of the grub-dog in Pikmin 8: The World Beyond. They are the size of dwarf bulborbs, congregate in hoards, and are one of six colors, with one color appearing in each area.
- Green: Nostalgic Forest
- Blue: Palace of Waves
- Yellow: Dry Dry Oasis
- Red: one of the Dry Dry Oasis caves
- Brown: ???
- Pink: ???
In Pikmin: Wide World
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Wide World, a fanon game created by Cheepy-Cheepy.
|Poko value||× 10|
|Sparklium worth||× 8|
|Battle point value||× 50|
The Stubborn Bulblon appears in Pikmin: Wide World as a larger grub-dog exclusive to Sprawling Swamp and its caves. Its dwarf counterpart is the Dwarf Stubborn Bulblon, which patrols its own large, but not boundless, territories in a similar fashion to its adult form. Being a solitary creature, a Stubborn Bulblon may be found alone, patrolling portions of a location accessible to it. It occasionally stops to sleep and eventually wakes up once enough time has passed, but will prematurely awaken upon being approached, touched, or harmed, or hearing a sound loud enough to rouse it from its slumber. A Stubborn Bulblon is able to detect Pikmin and leaders from an incredibly long distance away, and attempts to find its way to them upon catching their scent. Upon seeing Pikmin and leaders, it will relentlessly chase them with the intent to eat them. Any leaders it bites down on will be chewed up, and then spat out alongside any Pikmin in its mouth at the time. When it loses sight of them or can not reach them, it will hiss, growl, and shake in anger before resuming its regular behaviors.
A Stubborn Bulblon displays the typical bulborb physiology except for its lack of eyestalks, as its eyes are positioned within its eye sockets instead. It is also larger than most other grub-dogs, being larger than even lesser bulblaxes. It has beige skin, a brown backside featuring white spots, front-facing eyes with brown irises and white sclerae, and white fangs and nails.
Taking down a Stubborn Bulblon is always a challenge regardless of if it is awake or asleep. The optimal time to strike would be while it is asleep, when it is most vulnerable, especially from behind. Ultra-spicy spray is invaluable against a Stubborn Bulblon as the creature is significantly stronger than the average grub-dog. Pikmin should be administered a dose of it before being charged at the sleeping creature's backside, and any that do not latch on by the time it rises to its feet should instead be thrown onto it to maximize the damage inflicted and reduce the risk of them being eaten. Using this strategy, a Stubborn Bulblon can be taken down quickly with little to no Pikmin casualties, even without the use of ultra-spicy spray. Fighting a Stubborn Bulblon head-on should only be done as a last resort as it is able to eat many Pikmin at once, although throwing Pikmin at its eyes will cause the creature damage, potentially make it flinch, and force it to spit out some of the Pikmin in its mouth, if any. Hiding from a Stubborn Bulblon, such as underneath vegetation or behind an object, will only briefly distract it, as Stubborn Bulblons are intelligent predators that can sense where their prey is hiding. Upon death, a Stubborn Bulblon yields × 8. Aboveground, its body can be taken to either the Dolphin Lander to receive × 10 or the Master Onion to receive fourteen Pikmin seeds. Underground, its corpse can be brought to the Lander Pod to either gain × 10 or be stored to later gain fourteen Pikmin seeds of any chosen discovered main type, but only if the cave is exited using an escape geyser.
- “Few lifeforms on this planet can rival the sheer ferocity of this creature. While it shares many physical traits with other, lesser grub-dogs, its lack of eyestalks is a striking characteristic. This highly predatorial creature almost constantly prowls its rather expansive territory, relentlessly pursuing prey it sees, smells, or otherwise detects, viciously devouring them once it grabs hold of said prey. Should its prey be able to scramble out of its reach, the stubborn bulblon will seemingly shake with rage before resuming its hunt. Extreme caution should always be taken around this fearsome creature.”
- “These creatures would make wonderful guard dogs for my company! I just hope they don't see me as a giant meatball and eat me instead...”
- “Stubborn bulblons are, well, very stubborn, and very mean, creatures. They are incredibly difficult to tame, and even then, one would probably even bite its owner just for the sake of biting someone! I really would not recommend having this creature as a pet.”
- “The meat of this creature is very tough and requires thorough tenderizing. Once this is done, slow-cook the meat with potatoes, carrots, and celery to make a hearty and filling dish.”
Dolphin Lander's notes
- “I've never seen such an angry creature before! What's bothering them, and why are they so miserable all the time? Now that I think of it, Olimar is like that too sometimes and I ask the same questions. They both need vacations.”