- This article relates to the official games. See Pikipedia's "Volatile Dweevil" article for more official information.
- For the user, see User:Volatile Dweevil.
|Appearance in Pikmin 2.|
|Scientific name||Mandarachnia explodus|
|Note: all or most of this information may be fanon information.|
The Volatile Dweevil, at first glance, appears to be a bomb rock with legs, but is, in reality, a dweevil that has picked up a bomb rock, like how other members of the dweevil family pick up treasures and corpses; unlike other dweevils, however, Volatile Dweevils are known to carry only bomb rocks and are never seen without one.
A Volatile Dweevil's bomb rock will engage as soon as the creature is startled, and it will chase leaders and Pikmin until the bomb explodes, killing itself and significantly damaging or also killing anything else caught in the blast. The optimal way to deal with a Volatile Dweevil simply is to run away from it until after it blows up.
In fanon games
This is where users type their version of the Volatile Dweevil.
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikimon, created by Lazer, with assistance from Alpo499 and Cheepy-Cheepy.
- Start - String Shot
- Start - Bug Bite
- Lv. 10 - Rock Throw
- Lv. 20 - Stone Toss
- Lv. 30 - Boulder Bash
- Lv. 40 - Roller Brick
- Lv. 50 - Avalanche
In Pikmin 251
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin 251, a fanon game created by PikHacker.
|Caves||Gambler's Den, Steel Catacombs, Palace of the Wraith, Pit of Misfortune|
|Challenge Mode stages||Metallic Maze, Orange Chasm, Felt Den, Torture Trench, The Gauntlet|
|Battle Mode stages||None|
- “Oh boy, not this crazy thing. These dweevils are unlike any other, as they know exactly what that item on their head is for, and aren't afraid to use it. It doesn't help that they have a particularly strong tendency to drop down from the sky on un-suspecting Pikmin I'm not watching. It's a shame they always blow themselves to smithereens too since it makes it hard to learn anything about them. I would like to know more about what goes on in their minds that makes them act like this.”
Cookin' with Louie
- “This scorching species combusts upon contact with the tongue. Only edible by the adventurous and asbestos-tongued.”
In Pikmin: Redemption
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Redemption, created by Sir Pikmin.
In Pikmin: Redemption, the Volatile Dweevil is the same as its Pikmin 2 incarnation, but can carry and use giant bomb rocks and nuclear bomb rocks in addition to ordinary bomb rocks. Additionally, the colored portions of the skin of its legs can change to match that of its currently-held bomb rock.
- “The Volatile Dweevil is a member of a family of insects known for carrying large objects, usually ones I need, on their backs. What is different about this kind is that they like to carry bomb rocks, giant bomb rocks, and nuclear bomb rocks. Since the objects they carry determine the dweevil's behavioral patterns then we can only assume that for some reason this kind of dweevil picks bomb rocks instead of shiny things. Undoubtedly, these creatures do not know these are explosive and can set off other bomb rocks, usually with humorous results.”
- “Carefully remove the bomb rock, then beer-batter the legs and deep fry them for five minutes. The legs create a taste you will not soon forget.”
- “One of these monsters killed my family and destroyed my original Onion. Luckily, I found another of my kind's Onions and joined them.”