|This is one of Pikmin Fanon's help pages, and it is meant to aide users by increasing their ability to positively contribute to the wiki. Additional information added to help pages such as this one is always welcome.|
Anyone can edit a wiki! You do not need to be signed in or have an account.
- To edit a page, simply click the Edit or MediaWiki:Editthispage/en button which is located by the title of every page.
- When you click the edit button, the editing box will load allowing you to add text, images, and other items to the article you are editing.
- The editing toolbar at the top of the editing box allows you to format your text. The large white section is the editing box itself, where you can add, change, or remove content. The save toolbar at the bottom lets you preview and save your changes.
- Once the edit box opens, you can start typing. Remember that anything you save will appear immediately on the wiki, so it may be a good idea to preview your edits before saving. Don't forget to click "Save page" before leaving the page!
- If you would like to view your changes before saving, simply click the "Show preview" button, which will load a preview screen above the editing space. It is very important to still hit save!
- The save toolbar also contains a summary box, which allows you to leave a note summarizing the edits you have made.
It's easy, so have a go! You can't break the wiki, so if you find something that can be improved, either in content, grammar or formatting, go ahead and fix it! (If you are making test edits, a good idea would be to use the wiki's Sandbox.)