The Banana Breadbug is a species of breadbug that resembles a loaf of banana bread.
In fanon games
Below this point is where users place their version of the Banana Breadbug.
In Pikmin: Decayed Leaf
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Decayed Leaf, a fanon game created by Soundwave.
|Breadbug Spittoon, Breadbug Beatdown, Elemental Highway, Endless Descent, Overlord's Showdown
The Banana Breadbug is a species of breadbug in Pikmin: Decayed Leaf. The small creature resembles a normal Breadbug but has a light yellow snout, and its hide is more of an orange-brownish hue. Along with this, small chunks of what resemble nuts and banana are embedded in the creature's hide. The Banana Breadbug acts like a regular Breadbug, hunting for treasures and corpses to bring to its nest. However, it has a lot more health than its ordinary counterpart; hitting its head on the ship's hull only removes half of its health. However, Purple Pikmin and Rock Pikmin can be thrown at the creature to do decent damage. Fur Pikmin and Dart Pikmin can break through the hide and stick to it due to their sharpness. When a Banana Breadbug dies, all of the chunks in its hide pop out, and all treasures in its den are returned to the ground above its location.
- Data file #1: Banana Breadbugs have much more health than their non-fruity counterparts. They may take multiple hits to the Research Pod before being vanquished.
- “This seems to be another variation of Breadbug. The chunks of nuts and other fruits found in its hide are due to its main diet being nuts and bananas. Its messy eating style causes food to be stuck in its chunky hide. This food seems to attract lots of predators with the creature's delicious aroma. No wonder it's endangered.”
- “It's free banana bread that makes itself! It's a miracle!”
- “I was hungry during our expedition, so I took a few of these guys' chunks and had them for a snack! Very tasty!”
- “The Breadbugs have always been a greedy species. Unsurprising to see that their greed is catching up to them. Every time I smell a delicious batch of banana bread, I know these fools are around.”
In Pikmin: Hybrids
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Hybrids, a fanon game created by Amphituber.
|Pansaurus giganticus ariena
The Banana Breadbug is a member of the breadbug family that appears in Pikmin: Hybrids. It greatly resembles a Giant Breadbug because of its body shape, but not size, but with the visual characteristics of a loaf of banana bread. Banana Breadbugs have the same behavioral traits as ordinary Breadbugs, roaming a location in search of objects to drag to their nests. A Banana Breadbug can be easily defeated by overpowering it using Pikmin while it is dragging an object and making its head smash against whatever may be beaming that object up. They can also be defeated by throwing Pikmin directly on top of them. Apparently, Banana Breadbugs are "highly nutritious critters".
- “Through an unfortunate twist of evolution, this subspecies of breadbug is much more nutritious than other varieties. Not surprisingly, the banana breadbug population is dropping rapidly. Some scientists have proposed that when the breadbugs are eaten it actually helps disperse what are called breadbug seeds. These claims have some validity because the existence of breadbug seeds has not been disproven and the breadbug family's similarity to bread is unlikely to be a coincidence.”