The Pink Wollyhop is a species of pink amphituber.
In fanon games
Below this point is where users place their version of the Pink Wollyhop.
In Pikmin 251
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin 251, a fanon game created by PikHacker.
|Wistful Wild, Flooded Fields, Foreboding Forest
|Aquatic Depths, Arachnid Asylum, Subterranean Sands, Cryptic Kitchen, Palace of the Wraith, Pit of Misfortune, Endless Abyss, Doom Den
|Challenge Mode stages
|Perplexing Pool, Foreboding Forest, The Gauntlet
|Battle Mode stages
The Pink Wollywog appears in Pikmin 251 as a close relative of the Yellow Wollywog. Like most amphitubers, the Pink Wollywog attacks leaders and Pikmin by attempting to crush them under its weight by landing on them. They normally sit idly on land or in water until they are disturbed, at which point they will begin attacking. Pink Wollywogs do not jump nearly as high as Turquoise Wollywogs do, making them more of a traditional amphituber to fight.
Pink Wollywogs are, as their name would suggest, primarily pink in color. They have the general body shape of a Yellow Wollywog. The base of the creature's body is purple, while the top of it is light blue. It has black eyes, and the spots on either side of its body are also light blue.
Taking down a Pink Wollywog is no more of a challenge than taking down a Yellow Wollywog. Sneak up on it from behind, if possible, and rapidly throw Pikmin onto it to weigh it down enough that it cannot jump. Otherwise, luring one into jumping and then throwing Pikmin onto it after it lands is another viable strategy with the same results. Be sure to call Pikmin off of the creature before it lands to avoid the possibility of them losing their buds or flowers, getting crushed, or being thrown into hazards or other enemies. Repeat the cycle of throwing Pikmin onto the Pink Wollywog, calling them off when necessary, until it dies.
- “This Wollywog appears to act a lot like the yellow ones from before, despite the new color scheme. It also appears to have adapted an eyeball like spot on its sides, possibly to confuse potential predators. They also appear quicker at hopping than their yellow counterparts, so it's vital we keep control of our Pikmin group whenever they are near.”
Cookin' with Louie
- “Inedible. Known to cause sporadic feelings of love and affection.”
In Pikmin: Decayed Leaf
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Decayed Leaf, a fanon game created by Soundwave.
|Crushes Pikmin, creates bubbles
|It's spouting out lightning bolts!
|– The ship, upon discovering the Soapbar Wollywog
The Soapbar Wollywog is a Withered Remnant DLC enemy in Pikmin: Decayed Leaf. The creature, like most amphitubers, resembles a large, pudgy frog, around the size of a Yellow Wollywog. The body of the wollywog is of a shiny, pink coloration, and with two bulbous eyes with black sclera. The wollywog rests its large body on four small, tri-toed legs which it uses to waddle around. Small bubbles float off of the amphituber, implying it's made of a soapy substance.
Soapbar Wollywogs sit around idly, occasionally croaking or scratching their face. Once Pikmin approach, the wollywog will face the Pikmin. Once the target gets close enough, the Soapbar Wollywog will jump high into the air, floating for a few seconds, before slamming right down into the ground, crushing Pikmin caught beneath it. When the wollywog slams into the ground, it will create a burst of larger bubbles which can trap any Pikmin that end up touching them. Pikmin that attack the Soapbar Wollywog from behind will be caught in the bubbles that are emitting from its back.
The Soapbar Wollywog can be tricky to defeat. The best Pikmin to attack the creature with are Rock Pikmin and Weighted Pikmin, due to their resistance to blunt force. Weighted Pikmin in particular will not be affected by the bubbles due to their massive weight. Cactus Pikmin and Dart Pikmin cannot be caught in the bubbles due to their sharp properties.
In Overlord mode, the body of the Soapbar Wollywog is extremely slippery due to its soapy properties. This makes Oil Pikmin and Rubber Pikmin the best fit for attacking the wollywog, due to their resistance to slipping.
- Data file #1: Watch out, the Soapbar Wollywog can create bubbles simply by moving!
- Data file #2 (Overlord mode): The body of a Soapbar Wollywog is very slippery, try using Oil Pikmin, or Rubber Pikmin.
- “Soapbar Wollywogs have a certain secretion that attracts small prey for the amphituber to kill and absorb their internal juices. This secretion allows for the creation of bubbles through natural liquid formations, which also serves as a method of self-cleaning, and as a form of defense against very small predators. Due to their smell and taste, it makes them unappetizing for larger predators, meaning their chances of being consumed are virtually nil.”
- “Inedible. Tastes like soap. Also a little bit of oil.”
- “I remember when my mom would wash my mouth out with soap after I said something really bad. Those were the days... actually, no, they weren't–”
- “This frog reminds me of a soap bar. I mean... it's virtually just a frog with soap characteristics. I could probably wash myself in the shower using this thing. But that's animal cruelty.”
In Pikmin: Redemption
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Redemption, created by Sir Pikmin.
The Pink Goolix is a translucent relative of the Yellow Wollywog appearing in Pikmin: Redemption. It is pink with blue eyes and doesn't directly attack because it is extremely frail. Suspended in its center is a blue nucleus similar to a Goolix's. A Pink Wollywog may not be dangerous on its own, but it can release black drops from its nucleus which bury themselves in the ground and become Black Wollywogs, a far more dangerous creature. As such, taking out a Pink Wollywog should be prioritized over any other enemy.