Every poll has to go through the following process.
- A user that has an idea for a poll writes a discussion section for it on the proposals page.
- Other users can then add support votes, opposition votes, or comments about the poll, including what parts they think should be changed.
- For a month after the poll is created, it is forced to stay in this stage.
- After a month, its fate can be decided.
- If it has at least one more supporter than opposers, it is accepted, and its discussion section is moved to the list of accepted proposals. The nominator's vote isn't counted for this.
- If there are more opposers than supporters, the poll is rejected, and the discussion section is archived in the rejected proposal list. Again, the nominator's vote isn't counted for this.
- If the community is still trying to craft it, or it hasn't received a single vote either way, then it will remain there, and will be re-checked at the end of every month.
- If a poll has been accepted and is sitting on the list of future polls, it will be eventually picked and added to the front page.
- The picking process is done by the editor in charge of updating the front page, but it's normally on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- After staying on the front page, it is left open on Crowdsignal, formerly PollDaddy, but is archived under the wiki, in the poll archive.
What makes a good poll?
A poll doesn't need much to be suggested as an idea, but an ideal poll is one that:
- Fans of the series want to answer;
- Can provide some interesting statistics after the votes are tallied;
- Doesn't have any "maybe" or "depends" answers since those are almost always what people vote for;
- Only has a few available options.
|Policies and guidelines|
|Content||General • Featured content • Deletion|
|Other policies||Cookie • Ethics • Poll • Privacy • Talk page|
|Content||General • Files • Content list • Disambiguations|
|Specific articles||Areas • Caves • Stages • Characters and ships • Collectibles • Enemies and vegetation • Families • Games • Pikmin|
|Templates||General • Navigation box|