In fanon games
Below this point is where users place their version of Dark Pikmin.
In One Pikmin
This article or section presents information pertaining to One Pikmin, a fanon game created by Piki1.
|Drops||26 seed dollars|
Corruption Pikmin are hostile Pikmin that appear in One Pikmin. They came to exist because of a mysterious force that changed them for the worse. Corruption Pikmin seek only to destroy anything standing in their way. They are encountered only in BD Fortress. Known Corruption Pikmin are Black Death, Assassinatya, and That Weird Mage Guy.
In Pikmin 2... Again?
This article or section pertains to Pikmin 2... Again?, a fanon game created by Darryl Omg.
|Scientific name||Pikminidae shinobi|
Above average (flower)
Strong (ultra-spicy spray)
|Digging speed||Below average|
|Candypop||Sour Candypop Bud|
Dark Pikmin, also known as Black Pikmin, are Pikmin species in Pikmin 2... Again? that are unseen in shadows and can easily avoid being seen by predators. It is first found in the Ominous Underground. They have blue petals and distinct glowing cyan eyes, and their voice is more distorted-sounding than that of other Pikmin types. Rather than their speed increasing as they mature or if ultra-spicy spray is used on them, advancing in maturity increases the damage they inflict every hit. However, they have a lower digging speed, don't fly as far as the other types when thrown, and die sooner to other hazards. Notably, Dark Pikmin are immune to the effects of wither.
- “Dark Pikmin / Pikmin / Pikminidae shinobi. Dark Pikmin have cyan glowing eyes, and White Pikmin also have eyes red eyes, but they don't compare beyond appearance. Dark Pikmin are resistant to what I call "wither", which I struggle to know everything about even today. They are quite sneaky as well. Reminds me of someone I know... Actually, makes sense, considering it's hard to see shadows in the dark! Their attack seems lacking, though this is until their leaves mature into buds and then flowers, their attack increasing as maturity advances. However, they don't increase in speed as they mature due to focusing on damage instead of speed. It has its costs, I suppose. Some other downsides include their poor digging skill, reduced throw distance and height, and, as I noticed, extreme vulnerability to elements. Dark Pikmin seem like such an alien species, even for the wildlife on this planet, but the new creatures I've been encountering all seem strange too... Maybe there's much more to learn about Dark Pikmin than I know? I would have called them "Black Pikmin", but I decided to name them after their shadowy characteristics than their color.”
- “I imagine it would taste sour if all of those black creepy ones were also. Or its candypop bud. Better not to try this one too.”
Hocotate Ship's notes
- “I know their color can make them able to hide in the shadows unseen. But the question is, how don't those creatures get scared or suspect something's wrong when there are two glowing eyes staring at them?”
- “In that case, based there's even those kinds of creatures... I actually don't know how this ever happened. But at least the Dark Pikmin aren't hostile, just like any other Pikmin! However, i have to still know more about wither, in first place, where is Olimar when i most need him?”
Unknown commenter's comments
- “So, know when they say "When you look into the abyss, the abyss looks back at you"? In this case, it's "You look at the shadows, a pair of cyan eyes looks back at you.", I think for the Dark Pikmin.”
In Pikmin 3: The Dweevil's Revenge
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin 3: The Dweevil's Revenge, created by WooferWoof1.
|Red, Yellow, Blue, Purple, White, and Bulbmin.|
|Scientific name||Pikminicus shadowus|
|Caves||Abyss of Memory|
|Challenge Mode stages||Shadow Den|
|Attacks||Hits, burns, electrocutes, poisons, drowns Pikmin, explodes|
Darkmin appear in Pikmin 3: The Dweevil's Revenge. They resemble ordinary Pikmin but are cloaked in shadow and are black in color with gleaming yellow eyes, except for White Darkmin, which have red eyes. When attacking or attacked by a Pikmin of their respective species, both Pikmin explode into whatever hazard they are resistant to: fire for red, electricity for yellow, water for blue, regular explosion for purple, poison for white, and a colorful explosion for Bulbmin.
In Pikmin SP
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin SP, a fanon game created by SilvaPik.
|Candypop||Shadow Candypop Bud|
Dark Pikmin are the final Pikmin species discovered in Pikmin SP, found in the Path to Darkness, and are necessary to defeat the game's final boss. Dark Pikmin are made of dark matter, which they are resistant to, have an eerie red glow, empty, purple eyes, and a jet black flower with a blue center. They have an Onion, which is found in the landing site of the Path of Darkness and contains one hundred Dark Pikmin. Shadow Candypop Buds can be used to convert Pikmin into Dark Pikmin, but beware as they are always heavily guarded by enemies on all sides. Only a mere glimpse of Shadow Candypop Buds is caught in the Shadow Nest, the Path to Darkness's sole cave. They cannot be plucked normally, requiring the use of the Pluckaphone, an upgrade received from the Diamond Tweeter, to uproot them.
The final boss is able to create its own Dark Pikmin, which possess the same abilities as normal Dark Pikmin but have a different appearance. They are still comprised of dark matter but glow purple, have red eyes with dark red pupils, and the center of their flower is red. The final boss's Dark Pikmin are openly hostile to Pikmin and leaders, even attacking friendly Dark Pikmin. They cannot be whistled.
In Pikmin: The After Years
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: The After Years, created by Gamefreak75.
|A generic Darkmin.|
Darkmin are a Pikmin-like creature appearing in Pikmin: The After Years. They are seen only in the Remembrance Ravine and are used only by Dark Olimar. They look exactly like regular Pikmin, except that they are black in color and have yellow eyes. They are made out of dark matter like other dark creatures. They emit a shadowy aura and move slightly faster than regular Pikmin. These enemies can only be defeated by the Pikmin of their color, but prove to be Dark Olimar's weakness. The damage ratio that applies to the regular Pikmin applies to Darkmin as well; White Darkmin cause the least amount of damage while Purple Darkmin cause the most damage.
In Pikmin: Civil War
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Civil War, a fanon game created by Wiki443556.
|Attacks||Hits leaders and Pikmin|
In Pikmin: Civil War, Shadow Pikmin are a type of Pikmin that can not be controlled, except by Shadow Queen, who has turned Pikmin against each other and is attempting to kill all other Pikmin colors. . They are black with glowing red eyes and seem to be made of a gaseous substance rather than a physical being. Shadow Pikmin are able to possess rogue Pikmin and Bulbmin and ravage enemies with their claws. The only way to defeat Shadow Pikmin is to use elemental attacks as no physical attack will have any effect.
In Pikmin: Shadow Planet
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Shadow Planet, a fanon game created by an anonymous user.
|Attacks||Hits leaders and Pikmin|
In Pikmin: Shadow Planet, Shadow Pikmin are completely black, even their leaves, buds, and flowers, except for their grey eyes. They will attack Pikmin when either they are attacked by them or other Pikmin are turned into them. They, along with some other evil Pikmin types, are commanded by Shadow Olimar.
In Pikmin: Reloaded
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin Reloaded, a fanon game created by Salem.
|Known related characters||N/A|
|Note: all or most of this information may be fanon information.|
Dark Pikmin serve as the main antagonists in Pikmin Reloaded. Each one is a rogue Blue Pikmin and there are five of them total present on PNF-404. After the defeat of a boss, the Dark Pikmin that controlled it will attempt to escape the scene using a flying steampunk vehicle, but become lodged between something before it can get away. Pikmin can then be charged into the Dark Pikmin's vehicle, preferably in large numbers, launching the Dark Pikmin in question to the moon, where it will be tortured by an extraterrestrial Pikmin species:
- The first will be poked by two of the alien Pikmin;
- The second will be poked by one smaller alien Pikmin;
- The third will be jumped on by an alien Pikmin;
- The fourth will have its legs tugged on by two alien Pikmin;
- The fifth and final one will have its bottom played like a drum by an alien Pikmin.