This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Dimensional Breach, a fanon game created by WorldBornDead.
|Rating||T for Teen|
|Media||Optical disc, digital download|
Pikmin: Dimensional Breach is a Pikmin fangame made by WorldBornDead. It takes place in its own unique timeline, branching off some time after Hey! Pikmin. This game, along with a couple of others, marks Nintendo's debut on the modern computer.
Olimar is taking his kids, Sagittarius and Libra, out for their sixteenth birthday on a trip through the stars aboard the S.S. Dolphin II as a present. Louie and Shacho, the President of Hocotate Freight, have decided to come along to help Olimar keep the kids out of trouble. As they are passing PNF-404, a shadowy figure watches them from a cliff below. As the S.S. Dolphin II flies overhead, the figure launches a bolt of purple lightning from his fingertip, severely damaging the ship and its Chronos Reactor.
The figure gloats from his clifftop perch as the S.S. Dolphin II crash-lands on the surface of the planet, its thirty ship parts and one million Pokos scattering across the planet surface. Just then, he notices something off in the distance, the S.S. Drake coming into the planet on a supply run, manned by three Koppaite explorers, Alph, Brittany, and Captain Charlie. Before Derrick can reach out to blast the S.S. Drake out of the sky, though, he is distracted by the appearance of strange rifts opening up where the ship parts and Pokos landed.
Aboard the S.S. Drake, Charlie notices that Olimar and his friends are stranded, and so he directs Alph to land in the impact site to help them. Olimar explains the situation and points out that, while the ship parts can easily be recovered, the Pokos are likely destroyed. Louie cheers him up by pointing out that the planet still likely has enough treasure to recover the lost money, and so the eight heroes set out on a great adventure.
Gameplay is practically identical to that of Pikmin 3, but with eight leaders instead of just three. The objective, in the end, is not only to defeat the final boss while collecting as much fruit as possible but also to collect ship parts to repair the S.S. Dolphin II and treasure to restore Olimar's life's savings.
- Red Pikmin – fireproof Pikmin with a 1.5x attack strength modifier. They can now pick up embers and use them to burn flammable objects.
- Blue Pikmin – aquatic Pikmin that can now carry water in their bellies and use it to put out fires. A Blue Pikmin saddled with water also has the weight of two Pikmin; this makes them more useful in weight puzzles but reduces the height and distance they can be thrown.
- Yellow Pikmin – shock-resistant Pikmin that have half a Pikmin's worth of weight. They can be thrown higher and farther, but two Yellow Pikmin are required to have the same effect on a weight-affected object as one normal Pikmin. Yellow Pikmin have lost their enhanced digging speed from Pikmin 3, but they retain their ability to tear down electric gates and conduct electrical currents.
- Purple Pikmin – these Pikmin have a 1.5x attack strength and ten times the physical strength and weight of normal Pikmin. Purple Pikmin may move and attack much slower than most Pikmin, as well as having the shortest height and distance to their throwing arc, but they land with a resounding thud, stunning enemies in the area. Purple Pikmin are also the only kind that can anchor wraiths in this dimension.
- White Pikmin – small, swift Pikmin that have a tenth the weight of normal Pikmin. They have amazing height and distance to their throwing arc, but they are practically useless for weighing things down. White Pikmin are also immune to poison and are themselves toxic; despite having a 0.5x attack modifier, White Pikmin inflict a damage over time effect to enemies they hit, and they deal heavy damage if eaten.
- Red Bulbmin – a parasitic Pikmin that has taken over the body of a juvenile Red Bulborb. Unlike normal Pikmin, Red Bulbmin cannot be reproduced using Onions; they either have to be found naturally in caves or cultivated using Green Pikmin. Thanks to the bulborb's anatomy, they are immune to fire, poison, drowning, and electricity. As they have no Onion, they have to be stored in the S.S. Drake. They can now be taken out of caves like any normal Pikmin. All of this information also applies to other Bulbmin types, although it may vary.
- Rock Pikmin – gray Pikmin with a rough stony shell. They can't latch onto enemies like normal Pikmin can, but they have a 3x attack strength modifier on impact, are immune to crushing and stabbing, and can smash through glass and crystal objects.
- Winged Pikmin – pink Pikmin with wings. They may have a 0.75x attack modifier, but they can fly over most hazards and are incredibly mobile when fighting airborne enemies. Their flight ability allows them to pull Flukeweed stalks.
- Orange Pikmin – these Pikmin have sharp claws that give them a 1.5x attack modifier and the ability to dig the fastest of all Pikmin types. They are also immune to being buried in sand.
- Green Pikmin – these Pikmin are immune to radiation. When a juvenile bulborb eats them, the attacker turns into a type of Bulbmin.
- Cyan Pikmin – these Pikmin are immune to severe cold thanks to their thick fur. They can also handle ice chunks and other severely cold objects.
- Black Pikmin – these Pikmin have glossy skin that makes them immune to adhesive. They also have the ability to detect and destroy illusions.
- Snow Bulbmin – a parasitic Pikmin that has taken over the body of a juvenile Hairy Bulborb. They are immune to poison, drowning, electricity, and severe cold. They also grow a coat of hair once every 90 seconds, blocking them from being eaten once.
- Orange Bulbmin – a parasitic Pikmin that has taken over the body of a juvenile Orange Bulborb. They are immune to fire, poison, electricity, and sand. They also automatically dodge attacks, as if they had been ordered by the Dodge Whistle.
- Whiptongue Bulbmin – a parasitic Pikmin that has taken over the body of a juvenile Whiptongue Bulborb. They are immune to fire, drowning, electricity, and adhesive. They also have an increased attack and grab range with their whip-like tongues.
- Fiery Laxmin – a parasitic Pikmin that has taken over the body of a juvenile Fiery Bulblax. They are immune to poison, fire, and electricity. They also have flames on their body, essentially acting as living embers.
- Icy Laxmin – a parasitic Pikmin that has taken over the body of a juvenile Icy Bulblax. They are immune to drowning, electricity, and severe cold. They also can chill or freeze objects, essentially acting as living ice chunks.
- Nuclear Laxmin – a parasitic Pikmin that has taken over the body of a juvenile Nuclear Bulblax. They are immune to poison, electricity, and radiation. They also emit a radioactive aura that passively harms nearby enemies over time.
- Sticky Laxmin – a parasitic Pikmin that has taken over the body of a juvenile Sticky Bulblax. They are immune to poison, drowning, and adhesive. They also cannot be shaken off by enemies, only detaching once their victim is dead.
- Black Bearmin – a parasitic Pikmin that has taken over the body of a juvenile Black Bulbear. They are immune to fire, drowning, electricity, and sand. They also follow their leader more closely and defend them from enemies on their own.
- Purple Bearmin – a parasitic Pikmin that has taken over the body of a juvenile Purple Bulbear. They are immune to fire, poison, electricity, and severe cold. They also have the heightened strength and weight of Purple Pikmin.
- Green Bearmin – a parasitic Pikmin that has taken over the body of a juvenile Green Bulbear. They are immune to poison, drowning, electricity, and radiation. They also have a 3.0x attack multiplier.
About seven days after finding all eleven normal Onions, Alph will get a strange transmission, which he assumes is from Olimar. He tries to reply, but it turns out that the Onion sent the transmission, and the Drake is promptly absorbed into it, causing the three Koppaites to black out.
When Alph comes to, he discovers that the inner wall of the Drake is studded with pods containing countless sleeping Pikmin and Bulbmin, a strange organic construct implied to be the Onion's organs is on the wall opposite to the control panels, and he and his allies have become Koppaite-Pikmin hybrids, similar to Pikmar or Loucap. While he and Charlie are mortified by this change, Brittany doesn't mind, and in fact, is happy that she can "finally try on that gift from the last party."
After this cutscene, the S.S. Drake and Onion will have fused into one, further simplifying the storage and exchange of Pikmin and Bulbmin, although it does not make Bulbmin as renewable as other Pikmin types. This strange ship will have the Onion's three legs extending from the S.S. Drake's legs, a rocket booster and tractor beam hybrid similar to that found on the Onion, walls swirling with the colors of the Onions, including the secret Wraith Onion, if found, and the steel of the S.S. Drake's plating, an enlarged version of the Onion's flower-propeller on top alongside the S.S. Drake's antennae, and four windows along the sides, connected by the Onion's trademark triangle design. In addition, Alph, Brittany, and Charlie will have turned into Pikmin, but this is purely a cosmetic change; they are immune to all hazards that the other leaders are immune to thanks to the transformation incorporating their life-support tech into their bodies; in addition, the ending implies that they can still breathe Koppai's air despite its lower oxygen content.
- Icy Bulblax
- Nuclear Bulblax
- Sticky Bulblax
- Purple Bulbear
- Green Bulbear
- Provocative Aristocrab
- Peeved Aristocrab
- Listless Aristocrab
- Covetous Aristocrab
- Jealous Aristocrab
- Haughty Aristocrab
- The Mothership is inspired by one of Charlie's concerns in Pikmin 3, which is that the Onion could grow big enough to absorb the S.S. Drake. Even despite turning into Pikmin, the Koppaites retain their original personalities, in contrast to Louie losing his personality when he became Loucap.
- Although the Pikmin series has dabbled in the supernatural before, such as with the Waterwraith and Plasm Wraith, this game is the first to take a blatantly paranormal approach to its plot, with a wizard being the main antagonist and an army of wraiths and portals to other dimensions being common threats.
- This game is one of the few Nintendo games outside of the Metal Gear Solid series or the Metroid series to have a rating of T or higher, mainly because of Derrick's behavior as expressed in his notes.