The Capstalk is a species of glowcap that may yield nectar when disturbed.
In fanon games
This is where users type their version of the Capstalk.
In Pikmin: New World
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: New World, a fanon game created by Electroatopos.
Capstalks are close relatives of Common Glowcap used as scenery in many dungeons in Pikmin: New World. They are mushrooms with a scrawny, slightly curved stem and a large, pyramid-shaped cap on top with a glowing orange aura around them. They don't do anything, but they do have a chance of dropping a dose of nectar when hit.
- “This specific species has started a particularly large debate about where in the tree of life it fits. Earlier explorations of areas very similar to this showed that this species was not even around until less than a year ago, Instead, a similar fungus, the Common Glowcap, occupied this niche. However, the Common Glowcap can no longer be seen in this habitat, only this mysterious fungus. Because of the debate over what it should be classified as, most of its internal works are still unknown, as no one ever bothers dissecting it as they are too busy deciding over what it is at all. A personal dissection by me may be necessary to settle this feud.”
- “Inedible. Eating may result in constant pointless arguments.”
- “This friendly fungus is a great addition to any vivarium or greenhouse. They are hypoallergenic and don't bother the pets. However, they are fragile, so be sure to place them out of reach of children. All-natural Hocotate fertilizer is the number one recommended type for this species. A healthy Capstalk's glow is bright yellowy-orange, so remember to give it fresh fertilizer twice a day.”
- “Hocotate is alive at night in the city, so if you're going to try and stand out then you'll have to wear something that stands out in the dark. Fabric made from this amazing mushroom retains its fabulous orange glow. That way, you can look normal during the day, and hip at night. I don't think that my mom would want me to go around at night wearing a glowing coat to impress my friends though. It isn't lady-like.”
In Pikmin: Wide World
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Wide World, a fanon game created by Cheepy-Cheepy.
The Capstool is a glowcap in Pikmin: Wide World that is used as an alternative source of nectar. Each time its cap is struck by a Pikmin, it has a chance of dropping its single blob of nectar. Capstools are characterized by their curvy dark stems and dome-shaped caps, which glow a brilliant shade of orange. The Juicy Capstool is the sporovid mimic of the Capstool.
- “Like with the common glowcap, it is pure Hocotatium 111 that makes the fungus glow. It excretes nectar as a protective coating to defend it from hungry wildlife, which coats its entire cap. Unfortunately, this does not work against Pikmin, and the coating can be knocked off after a few hits.”
- “This fungus shines brilliantly, like a poko lying in the sun.”
- “It's a mushroom. What do you want me to say? Well, I guess the nectar it produces can be useful...”
- “Detach the cap from the stem, dicing both items and transferring them to a pot full of nectar. Bring to a boil, then bring to a simmer, adding a pinch of salt. Although the flavor of nectar is bitter, this dish is something you're sure to grow into!”
Dolphin Lander's notes
- “Olimar has a log about common glowcaps, but not this species. I can only assume that this is a new species of glowcap or at least one he hasn't found before.”