- This article is inspired by unused content in one of the official games. To learn more about its origins, see here.
|Appearance in Hey! Pikmin's files.|
The Barbed Mockiwi is a mockiwi that would have appeared in Hey! Pikmin. It has black feathers, a pink face with a darker pink beak, dark brown eyes and feet, and orange-tipped spikes covering a majority of its body. Pikmin and leaders that touch any part of the creature except its face would become impaled on or hurt by its spikes. Rock Pikmin would have been effective against them.
In fanon games
This is where users type their version of Barbed Mockiwi.
In Pikmin Z
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin Z, a fanon game created by Sapphire7.
|Scientific name||Pseudoactinia porcuspii|
|Attacks||Eats and skewers Pikmin|
The Barbed Mockiwi is the top predator of the mockiwi and a PC-exclusive enemy in Pikmin Z. It is encountered only on Aves Isle, where it feeds on small- to medium-sized animals, including other mockiwis, and has no known predators.
- “This species of mockiwi has evolved thorn-like feathers on its back as a means of protection, although this can be debatable as it is considered the top predator of Aves Isle. The method to defeat a barbed mockiwi is strictly up-front, as any Pikmin thrown behind it will get killed by the thorns on impact, including Rock Pikmin and Rust Pikmin. Its role in the environment is similar to the spotty bulbear's.”
In Pikmin: Wide World
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Wide World, a fanon game created by Cheepy-Cheepy.
|Poko value||× 6|
|Sparklium worth||× 4|
|Battle point value||× 30|
|Attacks||Eats and skewers Pikmin|
The Barbed Mockiwi is a mockiwi appearing in Pikmin: Wide World. A Barbed Mockiwi may be found on dry land, either exploring its territory or sleeping in a variety of positions. They are typically found alone but may sometimes be in pairs. A sleeping Barbed Mockiwi will wake up on its own sometime after settling down to sleep but will awaken prematurely upon being approached, touched, or harmed, or hearing a sound loud enough to rouse it from its slumber. While awake, it emits aggressive-sounding clucking noises as it moves about, and will pursue any Pikmin or leaders that come near with the intent to eat the former and bite the latter. Should they leave its territory or be somewhere inaccessible to it, it will screech and snarl at them before resuming patrolling its territory. Even being close to a Barbed Mockiwi outright is dangerous as most of its body is covered in sharp barbs that skewer most Pikmin, with the sole exception of Rock Pikmin, and injure leaders that touch them or are thrown at or forced into them. Only leaders that have the Iron Fists equipped are able to a Barbed Mockiwi without taking damage.
A Barbed Mockiwi resembles other generic mockiwis, being a small, squat, bird-like creature with vestigial wings at its sides. However, its strand-like feathers are black, its face is peach-colored, its beak being a darker color from its face and having a curved, pointed black tip, and its legs are dark brown. Its most recognization feature is the barbs protruding from its body, which are black and white in color.
Because a majority of a Barbed Mockiwi's body is covered by barbs, Rock Pikmin are almost necessary to fight them with. However, its face is vulnerable to any Pikmin type, and the creature can also be harmed and killed using rocks, any variety of bomb rock, and other such means. Its barbs cannot be destroyed whatsoever. Upon death, a Barbed Mockiwi will fall to the ground, its spines retracting enough to permit any Pikmin type to carry its body, and yield × 4 Aboveground, its body can be taken to either the Dolphin Lander to receive × 6 or the Master Onion to receive eight Pikmin seeds. Underground, it carcass can be taken to the Lander Pod to either receive × 6 or be stored to later gain eight seeds of any chosen discovered main Pikmin type, but only if the cave is exited using an escape geyser.
- “Extreme caution should be exercised while in the presence of the barbed mockiwi as it is arguably the most dangerous and aggressive member of the mockiwi family. Its sharp spines are capable of piercing some of the strongest materials known to Hocotate and are durable enough to seem practically indestructible, being extremely resistant to even direct exposure to explosions. The creature can not withstand nearly as much damage as its spines can, however.”
- “I'm not one to use them after eating, but how effective would toothpicks made from this creature's spines be? They can't be too sharp, because then there would be no point in someone picking the food from their teeth if their gums would be damaged in the process.”
- “Barbed mockiwis still retain a bit of their aggressive behavior even after being trained, but, needless to say, that is nowhere near as bad as their spines, which can pierce a wide array of materials. Seeing as skin is not exactly durable, well... let's just say having one of these creatures for a pet would be unwise, especially for clumsy individuals.”
- “Carefully clean the beast of feathers and spines, place into a pan alongside vegetables and broth, and then cook it in an oven, basting occasionally, until done. A delicious, filling way to fall asleep quickly and happy, thanks to the chemicals contained within the meat.”
Dolphin Lander's notes
- “It always intrigues me how the animals on this planet find all sorts of ways to defend themselves from predators. I can't help but wonder if some copied off of others.”