- This article relates to the official games. See Pikipedia's "Titan Dweevil" article for more official information.
|Appearance in Pikmin 2.|
|Scientific name||Mandarachnia gargantium|
|Note: all or most of this information may be fanon information.|
The Titan Dweevil is a large member of the dweevil family. Unlike other dweevils, its only natural attack is to lash out with its pincers, which does no damage and is done only to get Pikmin off it; the creature is dangerous only because of the weapons it carries. It is initially burrowed into the ground in such a way that only the treasures it is carrying are visible. When approached, it rapidly rises from the ground and attacks.
The Titan Dweevil has four weapons at its disposal: the Flare Cannon, which projects a jet of fire, the Shock Therapist, which produces electric nodes, the Monster Pump, which sprays a series of water-filled bubbles, and the Comedy Bomb, which emits streams of poison gas. Each of them can be knocked from the beast's use and salvaged as treasure. Pikmin must be thrown at a weapon, either while it is mounted on the dweevil's hide or on its hands. Sufficiently damaging a weapon will cause it to begin smoking, and the effects of its use to be more dangerous and potent; the Flare Cannon has a farther reach, the Shock Therapist's nodes can activate even while moving, the Monster Pump produces water at a faster rate, and the Comedy Bomb emits four jets of poison that may spontaneously and randomly change direction. Damaging a malfunctioning weapon further will detach it from the Titan Dweevil, which will not pick it up again.
Before an attack, the Titan Dweevil chooses which weapon to use from the available ones, with more damaged weapons having a higher chance of being chosen. Additionally, right before using an attack, the creature's armor will temporarily change to the color that symbolizes the hazard used by the chosen weapon.
After all of its weapons have been broken off, it will lose its armor, revealing the pale yellow underneath. It can be freely attacked and does not have any counterattacks at this stage other than shaking off Pikmin. When defeated, the Titan Dweevil melts into a bubbly, bluish goop.
In fanon games
This is where users type their version of the Titan Dweevil.
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikimon, a fanon game created by Lazer.
- Start - Bug Bite
- Lv. 10 - Flame Burst
- Lv. 10 - Water Blast
- Lv. 10 - Zap Orb
- Lv. 10 - Toxic
- Lv. 20 - Flash Fire
- Lv. 20 - Hydro Pump
- Lv. 20 - Discharge
- Lv. 20 - Poison Puddle
- Lv. 30 - Red Terror
- Lv. 30 - Blue Tsunami
- Lv. 30 - Yellow Night
- Lv. 30 - Purple Gas
- HM01 - Strength
- HM03 - Surf
- HM04 - Waterfall
In Pikmin 2: New Year
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin 2: New Year, a Pikmin 2 ROM hack created by AmigaOwl.
|Attacks||Drowns, burns, electrocutes, and poisons Pikmin|
The Titan Dweevil appears in Pikmin 2: New Year as the final boss, encountered within the deepest, volcanic recesses of the Season Den. Despite its behaviors being the same as in Pikmin 2, its appearance has changed drastically as its skin is now magenta rather than pale yellow.
In Pikmin 2... Again?
This article or section pertains to Pikmin 2... Again?, a fanon game created by Darryl Omg.
|Scientific name||Mandarachnia supremus|
|Attacks||Burns, drowns, electrocutes, poisons, weakens, eats, crushes, impales, freezes, hits, suffocates, and idles, corrodes Pikmin, causes panic, fires explosives, emits fog, manipulates terrain, knocks Pikmin back|
|Hazards||, wither, vegetation, slime|
The Supreme Dweevil is the final boss in Pikmin 2... Again?, as the return of the Titan Dweevil. It resembles its previous incarnation, but bigger, and its treasures float around it in transparent orbs. When a weapon is used, the icon of the hazard it uses will be displayed for a brief moment. The treasures are smaller while inside the orbs but return to normal size when picked up by the creature. It has stolen back every treasure it had before and has found more, so defeating it is required to recover them all. Alongside the original treasures, it also has the following new ones that are dangerous to Pikmin and leaders alike:
- Expert Jumpscarer: a tribal mask. The Supreme Dweevil puts it over its face, scaring all Pikmin looking at it except Purple Pikmin.
- Dirt Cutter: a cookie cutter. It flies on the area, cutting the ground and leaving holes.
- Coldy Gun: a frozen hair dryer. It blows icy wind at Pikmin, freezing them, and when damaged enough, produces cyan icy wind instead of white wind and forms icicles that fall at the end of using it.
- Demolition Pipe: a firework mortar. It fires an array of bomb rocks, and when damaged enough it also fires in a spread pattern when damaged enough.
- Giant Rider: a remote-control toy car. The Supreme Dweevil places the toy car and uses the remote control to direct it toward the Pikmin and leaders to crush them.
- Potted Beast: a Venus flytrap-like plant in a clay pot. It tries to eat Pikmin. When hurt by eating White Pikmin, the Supreme Dweevil instantly puts it away.
- Doom Sprayer: a green sprinkler with a white skull icon on it. It spews acid, and when sufficiently damaged, sprays acid over a larger range and leave a puddle behind for some seconds also.
- Three-Pointed Waker: a pitchfork. It is used to impale Pikmin.
- Real Fan: a fan. Makes wind that pushes Pikmin and leaders back.
- Soul Taker: a black flit gun. It sprays wither, and when damaged enough, sprays wither in a larger radius.
- Horrifying Prototype Sword: a frying pan. When used, the Supreme Dweevil will attempt melee combat, hitting Pikmin, but can also launch them upward. Once damaged enough, its attacks get faster.
- Sound Blaster: a megaphone. Produces a blast of sound, knocking Pikmin back.
- Plastic Gardener: a plastic bag with seeds inside. The Supreme Dweevil throws seeds that bloom into Snap Herbs that eat Pikmin before disappearing.
- Mr. Nom: a lollipop holder. Fires fog that lingers for a time before disappearing.
- Tornado Diamond: a handheld fan. Creates sand tornadoes, and when sufficiently damaged leaves quicksand behind.
- High-Fiver: a sticky hand in a blob on the hand. When used the Supreme Dweevil will try to hit Pikmin and leaders with it, the slime on it will choke hit inapt Pikmin.
- Horror Movie Element: a fog machine. Release smoke.
- Mysterious Machine: a plastic stample. Makes random enemies that fly around the area, and upon receiving enough damage, produces more enemies. If it produces a boss, the Supreme Dweevil will only switch to another weapon upon its defeat.
Unlike the original Titan Dweevil, the Supreme Dweevil isn't limited to a defined territory and can wander throughout its entire sublevel. The floating weapons can be weighted down by Winged Pikmin, and the orb around them will pop if enough damage is dealt or instantly by Claw Pikmin, leaving the treasure able to be damaged until the orb regenerates around it and floats up again. For a time afterward, the orb will be opaque, indicating it can not be damaged again, bouncing any Pikmin touching it off until it returns to its usual transparency. When a treasure is disabled, white fireflies fly around it to indicate that the Supreme Dweevil can no longer use it, though this weapon will be replaced by a magical pink replica of it that the Titan Dweevil will still be able to use. The magic weapon also can not be damaged, and will have the same properties as if it were heavily damaged. However, the original weapon can be delivered to the Research Pod. Once all of its treasures are disabled, the Supreme Dweevil loses its armor, it can not only shake Pikmin off of itself but can grab and eat them too. Furthermore, it may also grab and futilely attempt to use nearby disarmed treasures before dropping them and can stomp the ground to make boulders fall. When defeated, it crumbles to pieces like an arachnorb, leaving behind the Gem of Compensation, and the fireflies surrounding its disabled weapons vanish along with it.
The Supreme Dweevil returns in the Final Challenge, where it has a new weapon named the Enchanted Beauty. It is a pink crystal shard that it uses to replicate the forms of magic to harm Pikmin and leaders. Enemies also populate its sublevel, and its weapons will act as they do when heavily damaged.
- “Supreme Dweevil / Dweevil family / Mandarachnia supremus. This is actually the same Titan Dweevil we fought in the past, but it came back, and somehow, it took all the treasures in the ship's hoard without us noticing. Strange. But it had more treasures than I remember, much more. Good! We could defeat this thing, though it won't be so easy with its expanded arsenal.”
- “Much like the original, but I wish that thing could at least bring me the Meaty Boulder to rework it with, but no.”
Hocotate Ship's notes
- “I wondered why it was called "Nightmare Den" until I saw that thing. Now I understand, a nightmare of how powerful that thing we fought and defeated was.”
In Pikmin Evolution
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin Evolution, a fanon game created by Glubfubb.
|Scientific name||Mandarachnia gargantium|
|Sparklium value||× 100|
|Collectable resources||Dweevil silk, oil|
|Attacks||Burns, poisons, drowns, electrocutes, corrodes, and freezes Pikmin|
The Titan Dweevil appears in Pikmin Evolution as a rare boss enemy. It has received a bit of a visual makeover since its last appearance, now taking on a more mutated look. For instance, the legs resemble melting tar, with bits of bone sticking out to appear skeletal. The main head is dotted by pulsating boils that leak a strange but harmless oily substance, leaving wet spots when it inevitably drips onto the ground. These changes also affect the weapons the Titan Dweevil uses, as they now are now organic components rather than mechanical items. The Flare Cannon resembles a pulsating red pancreas, the Monster Pump a giant blue appendix, the Comedy Bomb a deep purple heart, and the Shock Therapist a yellow brain-like structure. However, alongside the returning weapons, two new ones are added to its arsenal: the Sludge Emulsifier and the Frost Duster; the former resembles a sickly green stomach with glowing lime green veins and the latter resembles a gray shriveled-up pair of lungs covered in white mold. Rather than having all six weapons in possession at once, Titan Dweevils only have four random different ones. However, the first time the Titan Dweevil is encountered, it will always have the same four weapons: the Flare Cannon, Monster Pump, Shock Therapist, and Comedy Bomb, just like in Pikmin 2.
Titan Dweevils retain many of their behaviors, but their weapons also have new qualities. The Flare Cannon's flames will leave some lingering fire on the battlefield, the Monster Pump's water blasts will soak into the battlefield and make it slower to traverse, the Comedy Bomb can now damage the captains with its noxious gas, and the Shock Therapist's electric nodes will explode into a cloud of volts when it lands in water or acid. However, the additions of the Sludge Emulsifier and Frost Duster will bring new complications to fighting the Titan Dweevil. The Sludge Emulsifier will be tossed by the dweevil and explode, leaving behind a puddle of corrosive sludge, limiting movement, and when that weapon is half-damaged, the sludge will create bubbles that trap Pikmin inside upon contact. The Snow Duster, on the other hand, will shower a cloud of ice onto the ground, creating a slippery patch and freezing Pikmin solid, with the weapon creating more uneven ice floors when half-damaged. The Titan Dweevil will replace some of its old weapons with its new additions in future battles, mixing up the strategies involved in defeating it. However, sometimes, if the captains manage to slay many Titan Dweevils in a short time span, the next one fought could have a chance to be replaced by a Scrambled Titan Dweevil.
Aside from its new additions, the style of fighting a Titan Dweevil is the same: damage and remove its weapons while avoiding the hazards or countering them with the respective Pikmin type, and after the weapons are removed, target its now-exposed carapace while the dweevil itself becomes defenseless. When defeated, instead of it simply melting into nothingness, the head will remain intact, allowing it to be carried back to base. The weapons a Titan Dweevil uses can also be collected as valuable pieces of refuse.
- “Looking into the genome of the dweevil family, it seems that most dweevils inherit their elemental abilities based on what compounds they absorbed when they first hatched. Fiery Dweevils are made by absorbing phosphates, Munge Dweevils are made by absorbing sulfur, etc. The Titan Dweevil, on the other hand, may be the result of a mutation-induced case of gigantism caused by absorbing multiple different conflicting compounds, leading to the development of mutated growths. Luckily for it, the Titan Dweevil has learned to use these growths as a method of self-defense rather than a disability, developing several chemical weapons to defend itself from any predator.”
Leni's recipe book
- “Roasted dweevil head is a surprising favorite among our community, and it's super easy to make. Just boil the head in a saltwater brine, lather it in tomato sauce and butter, stuff it with potatoes and rice, then bake for 5 hours to make a great mound of deliciousness.”
Marvin's strategy guide
- “Remember each weapon, then analyze what you want to use to counter each one. Sometimes, brains complement pure brawn.”
In Pikmin: Global Breakdown
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Global Breakdown, a fanon game created by Wraith.
|Attacks||Drowns, burns, electrocutes, and poisons Pikmin|
In Pikmin: Global Breakdown, the Titan Dweevil is the first enemy encountered. Fortunately, it lacks its weapons and is therefore vulnerable, and its legs and body can be attacked freely.
In Pikmin: Theme Park
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Theme Park, a fanon game created by RoboIan.