The Bulbear Larva is an infant bulbear.
In fanon games
Below this point is where users place their version of the Bulbear Larva.
In Pikmin 3 (Flish version)
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin 3 (Flish version), a fanon game created by Flish.
|Scientific name||Oculus terribilis bambinii|
|Poko value||× N/A|
Bulbear Larvae are infant bulbears appearing in Pikmin 3 (Flish version). They are birthed by Empress Bulbears and can fall from the ceilings of certain caves or the sky in Frigid Peaks. Bulbear Larvae move faster than Bulborb Larvae and have rounder heads than them but are otherwise identical to them.
In Pikmin: Wide World
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Wide World, a fanon game created by Cheepy-Cheepy.
|Poko value||× 0|
|Sparklium worth||× 0|
|Battle point value||× 1|
The Bulbear Larva is a very young bulbear appearing in Pikmin: Wide World. They are found only in caves inhabited by a Spotty Empress Bulblax, their matriarch, which can birth them. The Bulborb Larva is the Bulbear Larva's less ferocious counterpart. Idle Bulbear Larvae lurch about a small territory, in groups of up to fifteen individuals. If leaders or Pikmin come by, the entire swarm of Bulbear Larvae immediately descends upon them. Leaders are far too large for them to eat, but they can eat up to two Pikmin at once. Bulbear Larvae resume their normal behavior when their prey moves far enough away, but they are persistent and don't give up as quickly as Bulborb Larvae do. Because of this, Bulbear Larvae are more prone to being lured from their swarm. Bulbear Larvae congregate in large quantities around the empress bulblax that birthed them.
Bulbear Larvae do not have many outstanding physical characteristics. They resemble very small bulbears in that they have a rounder, wider, tan face, and protruding nostrils, but lack legs and have a completely white backside. The very end of their rump is somewhat red with a small, tail-like appendage attached. They have gray irises and white sclerae.
Defeating a Bulbear Larva is quick and simple, but their sheer numbers may make Pikmin deaths likely if not handled properly. This is only compacted by its higher vitality compared to its weaker counterpart. Charging Pikmin at them or punching them with leaders will get the job done but almost always result in bites; additionally, the pain will cause the Bulbear Larvae to cry out in anguish before they die, drawing the attention of nearby enemies, typically fellow grub-dogs and especially the Spotty Empress Bulblax. Therefore, the proper way to dispose of a Bulbear Larva is to land a Pikmin directly on top of it, it being silently and utterly crushed under the Pikmin's weight and splattering, though with no salvageable remains. While newly-born Bulbear Larvae are too fragile to leave any salvageable remains, those already in the wild are more resilient and will leave remains so long as they aren't crushed.
In ultra-spicy difficulty, Bulbear Larvae lunge forward when they bite, and will turn to bite a second time in succession if their first bite misses.
- Data file #1 (all difficulties): Bulbear Larvae form sizeable groups to ravage any prey they can clamp their jaws down on.
- Data file #2 (all difficulties): For their size, Bulbear Larvae are surprisingly resilient. Oftentimes, just one hit won't suffice.
- Data file #3 (ultra-spicy difficulty only): Bulbear Larvae love a good meal, and will try hard to eat what's in front of them. Stay agile!
- “Bulbear larvae may be small, but what they lack in size they make up for in appetite. The creatures are also surprisingly robust, being able to withstand more harm than most other newborn lifeforms, but are still delicate. Even from the start, bulbear larvae take advantage of their wide jaws to consume more of their prey at a time.”
- “You know, these creatures have a big, wide head like everyone says I do! I don't have their appetites either, no matter how portly I look...”
- “It is important to remember that bulbear larvae can grow up to be quite mean if not trained and fed properly, so be sure to give them plenty of love and care. Also, do not allow children to cover the lips of a bulbear larva with lipstick.”
- “The creatures themselves have little meat, but their lips make for fine jerky if allowed to dry in the sun.”
Dolphin Lander's comments
- “For some reason, these little guys remind me of loaves of bread with the way they are shaped. Maybe I could bring this up with the company president, should he need any more brilliant ideas... "Brilliant" being sarcastic, of course.”