In fanon games
Below this point is where users place their version of the Oily Dweevil.
In Pikmin: Dual Worlds
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Dual Worlds, a fangame created by Cyan piklord 64.
|Scientific name||Mandarachnia lubrico|
|Diet||Small fungi and roots|
|Poko value||× 20|
The Slippery Dweevil appears in Pikmin: Dual Worlds. This species of dweevil spits an oily substance from a pair of holes on its mandibles. Specifically, it sprays it in front of itself while it moves, allowing it to slide around, using its hind legs to shove itself far distances. Despite its name, the Slippery Dweevil isn't actually coated in the substance.
In Pikmin: Revenge of the Darkfreeze
|The Darkfreeze is back...
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Revenge of the Darkfreeze, created by SilverPikmin.
|Scientific name||Mandarachina petrolus|
|Caves||Black Rose Garden|
|Poko value||× 2|
The Oily Dweevil is a lesser dweevil appearing in Pikmin: Revenge of the Darkfreeze. It is a black dweevil with red eyes and feeler bristles. It flees from nearby leaders and Pikmin, and when attacked, will release oil that makes most Pikmin, except Black Pikmin, and leaders temporarily unable to attack. Oily Dweevils are most quickly and easily defeated using Purple Pikmin, but Black Pikmin are also effective because of their lubricant resistance. Leaders may also punch the creatures to death.
- “It appears this particular dweevil species senses unrefined petroleum in the ground, being able to dig with its huge mandibles and drink it. However, this does not seem to be their diet, but as a tool for self-defense. When a predator attacks the dweevil, it will swiftly unleash its black treasure, making the assailant unable to attack. During this time, the dweevil is able to make an escape.”
- “Unless you drain ALL of the oil from the dweevil, the meal will have a slight diesel-y taste to it. Cook it up for an excellent steak!”
In Pikmin: Wide World
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Wide World, a fanon game created by Cheepy-Cheepy.
The Slick Dweevil is a species of lesser dweevil appearing in Pikmin: Wide World. It explores its small territory on dry land or in shallow water, by itself or with other creatures including its own kind, periodically idling in place, and flees from approaching danger such as Pikmin or leaders. When near an object that requires the strength of up to ten Pikmin to carry, a Slick Dweevil will scurry towards it, lift it with its pincers as it scrambles underneath, and then proceed to carry it around on top of its body, holding it firmly using its pincers. They typically are already equipped with an object. However, they do not interact with any bomb rock variant, and in fact avoid them, perhaps aware of their destructive potential. While alone and in possession of an object, they fold their legs underneath themselves to sit down, also burying them if the terrain under them is soft to better conceal themselves. They will do this regardless of whether they are on land or in shallow water. When the object a Slick Dweevil is holding is nudged, it will be startled out of its disguise and begin to flee. Slick Dweevils can take unattended objects as easily as they can any being carried by Pikmin or dragged by a breadbug, leaving either stranded from the object. Slick Dweevils also attempt to pick up leaders that are lying down, though leaders they do that to immediately get up. In caves, Slick Dweevils are not always initially present on the ground, as they may use strands of their silk to rappel down from cave walls when Pikmin or leaders come near. Until they reveal themselves, they can not be seen in the darkness even with the HocoPad's camera function, but if the ceiling is low enough, the camera's flash may startle them and send them plummeting to the ground below. Slick Dweevils that rappel down are never already holding objects.
Slick Dweevils are fairly-sized spider-like insects that have a black, iridescent exoskeleton, a round body, a pair of green eyes above two gray eyes, four slender legs that each end at a fine, dark point, a pair of arms that dangle from their body when in a neutral position and terminate in a pair of pincers, and a pair of mandibles that each have orange bristles on the outer side of their ends.
Although easy to kill, Slick Dweevils can be problematic to hit because of their small frame and are even more so while carrying an object, which inadvertently shields them from harm. To remove an object from its possession, simply throw a few Pikmin, or a single Purple Pikmin, at it or harm the dweevil sufficiently. Depending on the choice, the dweevil will either lack the strength or endure too much pain to continue holding the object. The only time they attack is in retaliation, during which they stand still as their body begins to drip with flammable oil, affecting and endangering inapt Pikmin even then, before releasing a deluge of the fluid under their body. The oil splashes around the Slick Dweevil, putting nearby Pikmin at risk of drowning, and leaves a harmless puddle of moderate size on land, water, and nectar, but not acid, which it dissolves in. The resulting puddle makes anything that steps in it slide around and can endanger Pikmin in fluids it covers, and the only way to remove it is to expose it to fire. The optimal way to defeat one is to stand under it and rapidly throw any Pikmin type at its softer main body. Attacking its legs also works but is far less effective as they are very damage-resistant. However, Slick Dweeils are particularly troublesome because of the oil coating their bodies; Pikmin that try to latch on quickly slide off, typically into an oil slick the creature produced. However, this quality also serves as its ultimate weakness, as fire is instantly lethal to it. The fastest way to take down a Slick Dweevil, and any other lesser dweevil, regardless of it carrying an object, is with Purple Pikmin; their pound removes objects from its grasp and the impact of the Pikmin landing on it slams the dweevil's body to the ground, instantly killing it. On top of that, Purple Pikmin pounds always stun any Slick Dweevil caught in their range. Upon death, they spasm shortly before inverting themselves and curling their legs, but if killed by a Purple Pikmin pound, they simply go limp with their legs outstretched instead.
In ultra-spicy difficulty, Slick Dweevils take half as much time to execute their retaliatory attack. Their attack also splashes farther and leaves larger puddles, having a slightly greater range overall.
- Data file #1 (all difficulties): Slick Dweevils can unleash a deluge of oil. It splatters and can form a slippery puddle on land and most fluids.
- Data file #2 (all difficulties): Slick Dweevils have oily bodies that make it difficult for Pikmin to grip onto. Fire may be effective against them.
- Data file #3 (ultra-spicy difficulty only): A Slick Dweevil's oil splashes a fair distance, and produces a large puddle.
- “As a defense and escape mechanism, the slick dweevil secretes a specialized lubricant through pores on its body to make it difficult for predators to effectively grasp. Moreover, when particularly threatened, the creature will release a large quantity of oil for predators to slip in while it makes an escape.”
- “Hurrah, a nearly endless supply of oil! Now we don't need to worry about drilling our own planet for it. It's not like the natural stuff, but it sure does the trick. You know what, I'll just keep it a little secret, so nobody comes here destroying this planet for it. You're welcome, pikmin.”
- “If you don't mind its slippery nature, figuratively and literally, the slick dweevil may just be for you. The distinct smell of gasoline is one of my favorite scents, so having one around is always pleasant for me.”
- “The meat has a delightful diesel flavor, but my eyebrows are gone!!”
Dolphin Lander's comments
- “None of the crew knows this, but I secretly get a chuckle out of them slipping and sliding all over the place in an oil slick. Who knew a dweevil like this one could be a source of such entertainment?”
|Pikmin: Wide World|
|Main (Olimar • Shacho • Marie • Louie • Dolphin Lander) • Side (Alph • Brittany • Charlie • Dorris • Hunnigan • Granny Marma • Libra • Margot • Sagittarius • S.S. Drake • S.S. Dreamstride) • Mentioned (Bulbie • Freight Voyager • SPERO)|
|Main (Yellow Pikmin • Blue Pikmin • Red Pikmin • Rock Pikmin • Green Pikmin • Purple Pikmin • White Pikmin • Winged Pikmin) • Other (Alien Pikmin • Captmin • Mushroom Pikmin) • Parasitic Pikmin (Blue Bulbmin • Breadmin • Burrowing Snagmin • Cannon Beetlemin • Dweevilmin • Groinkmin • Hairy Bulbmin • Orange Bulbmin • Red Bulbmin • Spinermin • Spotty Bulbearmin • Wollymin) • Utilities (Onion • Pellet)|
|Data file (Pikminology, Wildlife Survival, Explorers' Tales) • Fruit (list) • Nugget • Sparklium • Treasure • Upgrades|
Black nectar • Hammer seed • Knuckle seed • Nectar • Ultra-bitter spray • Ultra-hot spray • Ultra-minty spray • Ultra-spicy spray • Ultra-sweet spray • Ultra-toxic spray • Whip seed
|Acid • Adhesive • Blunt force • Bubble • Electricity • Explosion • Fire • Ice • Lubricant • Mud • Panic • Poison • Spore • Water|
|Achievements • Caravan • Dialogue • Hints • HocoPad • Options • Pikpik carrot • Soul • Soundtrack • Squad desertion • Sunset • Temperature • Weather • Game modes (Story Mode • Battle Mode • Challenge Mode • Bottomless Abyss)|
|Changes during development • Gallery|