- This article relates to the official games. See Pikipedia's "sparklium" article for more official information.
Particularly: Sparklium dust, and every variant of seed and stone.
|Appearance of a yellow sparkium seed in Hey! Pikmin.|
Sparklium is a fuel source used to power ships such as the S.S. Dolphin 2. Treasures yield the most sparklium, but sparklium is more abundant in the form of sparklium seeds, which resemble small acorns and can be yellow, red, or rainbow-colored, each type being larger and providing increasingly more sparklium than the last. Additionally, colored stones that function much like sparklium seeds exist.
In fanon games
Below this point is where users place their version of Sparklium.
In Pikmin: Spark
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Spark, a fanon game created by Glubbfubb.
Sparklium appears in Pikmin: Spark, where it is used as both a power source for the XEL research pod, which requires × 500 units, × 250 and × 125 after two respective upgrades, to be able to blast off each day, as well as a potential cure for the virus that is ravaging planet Jiro. Sparklium is collected mainly by Pikmin delivering individual seeds directly to the XEL, with each Pikmin being able to carry a single seed. Small amounts of Sparklium are also contained within corpses, and Pikmin can be told to place the corpse inside the XEL, instead of the Onion, for conversion. The amount and types of seeds given by a defeated enemy are proportionate to the effort required to defeat it, how quickly it is defeated, and if the monster leaves any corpse behind. The other main way of getting Sparklium is by collecting refuse. Every day after the initial removal of Sparklium, the total amount of Sparklium surplus is added and can be used to convert into upgrades, such as one that doubles the amount of Sparklium collected from corpses and another that allows collecting Sparklium merely by touching it. Sparklium seeds come in four different colors corresponding to their value:
- Yellow seeds are worth × 5;
- Red seeds are worth × 20;
- Pink seeds are worth × 50;
- Platinum seeds are worth × 100.
When story mode is completed, the amount of surplus Sparklium at the time determines which ending plays.
Pikmin: Wide World
This article or section presents information pertaining to Pikmin: Wide World, a fanon game created by Cheepy-Cheepy.
Sparklium serves as a pivotal gameplay mechanic in Pikmin: Wide World. The Dolphin Lander requires Sparklium to perform certain tasks such as blasting off at the end of the day or restoring a leader's health. The Lander requires × 250 each night to blast off, but the Sparklium Saver reduces that cost to a mere × 125. The Sparklium Extractor doubles the usual amount of Sparklium harvested from an object brought to the Dolphin Lander. Sparklium can be obtained from a variety of sources other than Sparklium seeds and stones such as fruits and treasures. Generally, fruits contain very little Sparklium while treasures and Sparklium stones contain the most. The larger and stronger an enemy is, the higher its Sparklium value and the chance of it having swallowed a higher-tier Sparklium seed.
The rawest form of Sparklium, Sparklium dust can be collected by leaders and stored in their respective Sparklium Jar by walking near it. Enemies produce their load of Sparklium dust upon defeat, which can then be picked up. A leader's Sparklium Jar can be emptied by depositing its contents into the Dolphin Lander.
- Sparklium dust, which is worth a single unit each but can group up together for easier collection if several are located immediately next to each other.
As the name suggests, Sparklium seeds are collectibles that contain large amounts of Sparklium. Sparklium seeds can be found aboveground and underground, within large crystals, or from any enemy that may cough up one or more upon its defeat. They can be found almost anywhere, much like nuggets, but are more commonly found aboveground than in caves. They can be brought to the Dolphin Lander so it can extract the Sparklium they contain. There are three types of Sparklium seeds:
- Yellow Sparklium seeds, which each contain × 5 ( × 10 with the Sparklium Extractor). Each one requires a single Pikmin to carry it, with a maximum of three Pikmin. They are the smallest and most common type of Sparklium seed.
- Red Sparklium seeds, each containing × 25 ( × 50 with the Sparklium Extractor). Each one requires at least three Pikmin to carry it, with a maximum of six Pikmin. Red Sparklium seeds are uncommon and are noticeably larger than yellow Sparklium seeds.
- Rainbow Sparklium seeds, each of which contains × 50 ( × 100 with the Sparklium Extractor). Each one requires at least six Pikmin to carry it, with a maximum of twelve. Rainbow Sparklium Seeds are the largest and rarest of their kind.
Sparklium stones are similar to Sparklium seeds yet are slightly different. Sparklium stones are only ever found in the open and are never found within large crystals or enemies. They also have a much higher chance of appearing in caves than in aboveground areas. Sparklium stones differ from Sparklium seeds in that Sparklium stones must be destroyed and cannot be carried by Pikmin, only pushed around. Sparklium stones can be weaponized by both leaders, who can pick them up and throw them just like they can with bomb rocks, and some enemies such as Skutterchucks, that will pick them up and lob them at its aggressors. Upon being hit enough, a Sparklium stone will eventually break open and drop its payload of Sparklium, disappearing in the process. Because Sparklium stones cannot be taken in by the Dolphin Lander, the Sparklium they contain cannot be doubled with the use of the Sparklium Extractor. Three different types of Splarklium stones exist, mirroring the types of Sparklium seeds that exist:
- Yellow Sparklium stones, which each contain × 20. They are the easiest of the Sparklium stones to break open and are the most common type.
- Red Sparklium stones, each containing × 60. They are uncommon and are a bit more difficult to destroy than yellow Sparklium stones.
- Rainbow Sparklium stones, each of which contains × 120. They are the rarest variety of Sparklium stone and the most difficult to break open, but the efforts to do so are well-rewarded.