- This article relates to the official games. See Pikipedia's "Yellow Wollywog" article for more official information.
|Scientific name||Amphicaris frodendum|
|Areas||Distant Spring, Awakening Wood, Perplexing Pool, Wistful Wild, Tropical Wilds, Garden of Hope, Twilight River, Downpour Thicket|
|Caves||Citadel of Spiders, Hole of Heroes|
|Challenge Mode stages||Creator's Garden, Bully Den|
The Yellow Wollywog is a frog-like species of large, round, yellow creatures with large eyes and beady pupils, and short front legs with larger hind legs. Their skin is tinted green towards the top of their heads, with green spots along the sides. They can usually be found in or around large, open-air bodies of water, but also in moist, rainy areas. They are known to leap into the air, floating temporarily, and dropping, with the intent of landing on and crushing small Pikmin below, a behavior which is most readily explained as an attempt to drive predators away from developing eggs. According to Olimar's notes, these are Wogpole eggs, revealing that the Yellow Wollywog and the Wogpole are the same exact species. They also have a reasoning for their floating ability: their throat inflates, presumably allowing them to float in the air for a small but randomly chosen amount of time, making it less predictable and more urgent to avoid.
Frequently found in or near a body of water, Yellow Wollywogs are moderately sturdy creatures. Generally passive, they will only attack by leaping into the air if a leader or Pikmin comes nearby. Once on the attack, a Yellow Wollywog will likely not pursue if its target is on the move, rather it will return to its general starting location in short hops. Their attacks are sometimes sudden, and they can shake all attacking Pikmin from their bodies. Upon falling, a Yellow Wollywog's attack covers a considerable radius, killing all Pikmin within it. Even if a Yellow Wollywog is defeated as it is about to fall, any Pikmin caught beneath it will still be killed. Such an attack can be prevented if the Wollywog is weighed down with a few Pikmin. Some Yellow Wollywogs can also be approached from behind without it noticing. Albino Wollywogs, however, can notice leaders and Pikmin from any angle, as long as they are in range.
- “This magnificent specimen has the brightest gold coloration and the greatest number of lateral spots of any member in the amphituber family. The species seems to have lost some swimming proficiency with the evolutionary adaptation that granted it greater jumping ability. The amphituber inhabits aquatic shallows and shows an instinctive drive to jump upon and squash smaller creatures.”
- “Beer-batter and deep-fry for a down-home flavor you won't soon forget!”
In fanon games
This is where users type their version of the Yellow Wollywog.
This article or section contains information that relates to the non-canon Wraith Omniverse, a fictional universe based off of Pikmin. It is based off of the original Buildup Trilogy, made in the late 2000s by Wraith, Portal-Kombat, and Sir Pikmin.
This article or image relates to the fanon game Pikmin: Redemption, created by Sir Pikmin.
In Pikmin: Redemption, these are actually found on the first sublevel of some caves as well as above ground.
This article contains information that relates to the non-canon game Pikspore, which was created by Neini.
They are identical to their Pikmin 2 counterparts. If you fight them on a cave with bottomless voids, you can easily kill them by making them jump into the void.
Pikmin: The Winds of Light
|The Winds of Light
This article and/or image relates to the Non-Canon Game, Pikmin: The Winds of Light, created by EmperorRagingLongLegs.
So far, one appears in The Spring of Serenity.
- "There are several differences between Wollywogs and Yellow Wollywogs. Most obvious is their color, but Wollywogs tend to appear underground more often than Yellow Wollywogs. Yellow Wollywogs, with large Pikmin numbers on top, cannot jump high enough to set it free, however, Wollywogs can jump under pressure."
Pikmin 4: The World to Free
|Scientific name||Amphicaris frodendum|
|Areas||Blooming Oak, Emperal shrine, Sanhattens beach|
|Poko value||× 40|
|Attacks||Stomps pikmin, drowns pikmin|
- "What makes these guys even more deadly is the fact that Yellow Wollywogs can store water in their bellies to help it survive longer out of water. However, the problem is that the storage may burst and drown non-Blues. According to Kolimar, they never have done that before. Maybe Captain Pikmin is right... perhaps our enemies have evolved over time. Olimar's information is based off a three-hundred-year-old prehistoric booklet, by the first of our kind to walk on the planet. However, they tend to be a bit slower, but seem to be more stable than their pale relatives."
- "Oddly, with the same bloodthirsty nature, they tend to be more jolly and less vicious then the White Wollywog. Perhaps it's the sun? Any means these ones sure look like they need some sunglasses. The black just doesn't appeal to me..."
Captain Pikmin's notes
- "Bring Blues! ...Unless it already on the surface. They can shake off Pikmin unlike the White Wollywogs, but don't worry as they aren't master hoppers. Dodging them are much easier. Just be wary of their water storage splashing."
This article or section contains information that relates to the non-canon game Pikmin Forever, which was created by Scruffy, a user on this wiki.
In Pikmin Forever, Yellow Wollywogs have a much more "wet" appearance in and around water, and with each hop out of water it will get a more dryer appearance. If it is in the air, it can drop faster the more Pikmin it has on it, and if struck with a Mushroom Pikmin, it will comically fall to the opposite direction of the Mushroom Pikmin and land on its side, taking time getting up. Pikmin who were in the air with it will be knocked off. Winged Pikmin who are currently airborne will attempt to lift a Yellow Wollywog that is in the air. If they are successful, the Wollywog will struggle a bit before being dropped by the Winged Pikmin, dealing massive damage to the creature. The Yellow Wollywog will become more aggressive if there are Wogpoles around and even more aggressive if the Wogpoles are attacked.
|Pikmin: Ultimate Doom enemies (list)|
|Angry Dweevil • Anode Beetle • Anode Dweevil • Antenna Beetle • Armored Cannon Beetle • Blue Wollywog • Breadbug • Bulbmin • Bulborb Larva • Bumbling Snitchbug • Careening Dirigibug • Caustic Dweevil • Chemical Bulblax • Chemical Goolix • Chill Dweevil • Cloaking Burrow-nit • Computer Bug • Creeping Chrysanthemum • Decorated Cannon Beetle Larva • Dwarf Bulbear • Dwarf Orange Bulborb • Dwarf Purple Bulborb • Dwarf Red Bulborb • Fiery Blowhog • Fiery Bulblax • Fiery Dweevil • Gatling Groink • Goolix • Hairy Bulborb • Hermit Crawmad • Hysterical Beetle • Icy Cannon Beetle Larva • Infected Amphituber • Lava Goolix • Lila • Male Sheargrub • Mitite • Munge Dweevil • Mushroom Pikmin • Orange Bulborb • Pearly Clamclamp • Puffstool • Puffy Blowhog • Purple Bulborb • Red Bulborb • Sandy Burrow-nit • Sandy Dweevil • Seeding Chrysanthemum • Snow Bulborb • Spotty Bulbear • Sticky Bulblax • Sticky Dirigibug • Swooping Snitchbug • Toadstool • Toady Bloyster • Volatile Dweevil • Watery Blowhog • White Mushroom Pikmin • Withering Blowhog • Wogpole • Wollywog • Yellow Wollywog|